Popular Posts

31 January - One month done, 11 more to go!

Technically 3 weeks, but I will count it as a whole month, being optimistic and positive.

Being more reaisticl, I was weighed in at the new Drs today, lost 0.8kgs from last Monday, so now Im only using these scale, the scales with Dr Brenda at DHTC were 1kg lower last week than the new Drs. So keeping it real, I will keep constant with the new Drs. No cheating on these weigh-ins!

BP back on the increase but it was another dysfunctional day at work, I wont go into details but Im doing 2 peoples jobs and my job is worth 3 peoples - dramas keep arising, I wonder what they really did before. But I know the answer to that question - they didnt, the reason I am here in this mess today. If only they had done SOMETHING over the last few years, they might not be at risk of losing me - if my BP remains this high something has to change and if that means changing jobs I will do it! 139/91 and it better have decreased next week.

LL was nice to me after reading yesterdays blog as I was honest. I COULD have lied and made up some fake running times (would I have increased or decreased the timings ...?) but whats the point, Im only cheating myself. Honesty is the only way this is going to work.

Today was a better day for eating but I might not be eating enough or enough of the right foods. Today I had an apple and 500ml water (I needed to increase the water consumption), and then mid morning I had some pineapple with more water. Lunch was raw veg sticks and small labneh and more water, and afternoon snack was handful of grapes and nuts and lots more water. All emergency purchases from the garage, proof you CAN snack from the garages here in a healthy way, IF they have stock in! I drank over a litre before weigh in.

And I now know why Ive been so tired, Ive had a stomach upset. All I can say is the bathrooms at work and I are well acquainted and I didnt think I would last boot camp this evening, but I managed. Do I get extra pats on the back for clenching my buttocks the whole time, and all that running!!! That was tough with a capital F!

A few dizzy spells later, we were done, stood chatting in the car park to a co-bootcamper and someone who works for the same company (I work for a JV so we are connected by sponsorship). Seems I have the better company, hey it has to be, Im writing all the fabulous and generous employee favoured policies!

Tonight I didnt feel very sociable at bootcamp, I wanted to be left alone, I was annoyed I was still struggling when I was able to do the run at the weekend with better results. I was in a bad mood for the duration of the session, inner issues and arguments more than anything. I keep reminding myself about Zaids words to me in the first week - just keep rocking up, thats half the battle. So at the end of January, Im still rocking up, into February I will still be rocking up. 3.5kgs more, 1 more dress size, fit into my face dress for 25 Feb Ball, Im still rocking up!

Tomorrow, time to see Andrew Glaswegian Dietician and see who wins the bet. 4kgs in 1 week? Bring it on Andy-boy! At least I can attend his meetings every Tuesday at 830pm, realistic with my work schedule and do-able!

No comments:

Post a Comment