Popular Posts

20 January 2011 - We're lovin' it!

I had some work to do tonight. I missed last nights session AND it was a Corey night.... ha ha!

Its so nice to show up at something that takes every inch of my physical motivation to walk, knowing I will be in pain for the next 60mins, its a bit like tough love, only there is no love. OK thats not quite true, the OFC Mirdif team are lovely people, everyone is behaving themselves so far (only the odd punishment of press ups, or burpees if we dont move into line fast enough, I think we are all still confused over what we have to do, well Im still confused ....).

So there we all are, "loving"each other and Corey gets us to play a game of TAG or is it TIG, I think TIG was the Glasgow version I grew up with. As you can imagine, I was never "IT", but I was amazed at how fast I could run in short bursts to avoid the 5yr memory of being tigged or tagged. Can someone help me here, is it a proper game in schools even today?? So that was fun, then we moved on to some proper boot camp circuits and exercises. Damn it OFC!!

I dont think Corey was amused at my attitude when he explained one of the exercises involved burpees. I had previously been advised not to do them (new Dr) as this increased my already dangerously high BP beyond the scales. So when I was told to do it, I said no, then when told again, I was adamant and said "Corey Im not doing it". Tears welling in the back of my eyes and throat, I maintained a level of decorum only possible for a girl (optimistic I know), sweating her ass off in an un-elegant and un-graceful way. How I avoided a punishment I will never know.....but seriously Corey I AM NOT DOING IT ha ha! Ok til next week then if my BP is down I will give them a go!

My weekends are changing - apart from the delayed start, now approx 830pm, but Im less inclined to stuff my face in front of a DVD, its more about cleaning (STILL no maid.... ufff), and tomorrow I have a brunch with the lovely MrsT and family. Lets see if I can behave. I have a very large inner child fighting to get out, and control was never one of its better strengths. Give me the strength tomorrow pleassssse, not to eat the usual amount of food that would feed the population of China. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment