Popular Posts

17 - 19 January 2011 - Where does the time go?


So Ive missed 3 days! I thought it was 2! Obviously getting distracted.

Monday's boot camp session was with Zaid again. This time Zaid and rifles. I NEARLY got a late punishment, however I knew I left my apartment at 7.20pm and it takes less than 5 mins to walk to the park. As I got closer to the park I couldnt see anyone, but at the last minute saw Zaid about to close the van. I was within minutes of being late, but not too late to get given an empty "rifle" to go fill with sand. We also have sand in Mirdif Park?

Yes we do. Where the young kids play. Now let me define "rifle" here before we move on. These riffles I thought were made of metal until I clunked them later when throwing/placing in the van, instead of them clinking. So Im guessing not metal. Regardless, one end opens, and once filled with sand weighs the equivalent of a small child. Perhaps I sucked up a lost child into the rifle who had fallen into the "safety" sand. Then again there was no screaming so perhaps not.

The sand I also discovered quite quickly, was used for us to run on. However, by the time we had got through the session of warm ups, 2 x 4 sets of circuit type training (small steps over the lader, knee steps over the little hurdles, a series of running, squats, lunges and for me jumping jacks), and a few runs with the heavy and getting heavier rifles, in between squats and lunges and yet more running WITH rifles. Me running on sand really didnt happen. It didnt really start, there was a thought about it and a stumble over it. I dont like sand. Dont like it in my shoes, especially not the filtered through the sock kind of fine sand that I feel between my toes. There were others who were equally struggling like me too. I dont feel so pathetic after all. Sorry what? Put my hands IN the sand and do an exercise with my feet - no idea what its called and cant describe it so use your imagination! Sand shock over, I survived another session. Sweaty wet tshirt  and no rain. Ive done something good tonight.

I had felt demotivated earlier in the day. Blood pressure back up again. Weight gain on 1kg. Eating less. Drinking more water. Not drinking anything except water and my own home made fresh juices and the odd Pocari Sweat. How can I not have lost weight? How come my BP is not coming down yet? Come on life, this is not fair. Im doing everything Im supposed to do, to lead a healthy life, lose weight, get fit and lower my BP but nothings happening.

Tuesday was a different day altogether. Despite the lack of losses and decreases in the right areas over the last 2+ weeks, Im sure those work trousers were a little looser. Or they had been stretched the last time I wore them for a few hours. Time to wash them and then wear them to see if this is right. Come to think about it, they do feel looser around my bum and thighs. Could this be????

After a busy stressful day (yes, the cause of the high BP), I had to go to my old Dr for something routine. I had my BP taken, 146/86. MUCH lower. Perhaps the new Drs BP machine is a tad sensitive, or reads higher than it actually is. I checked my old records and my BP in October was a perfect 120/80. The highest was several years ago (like 7!!) when I was significantly higher and it was 150/100!!! I didnt remember that. The test will be the BP reading on Thursday evening or Friday morning in the new Drs. Im hoping for good news.

Tuesaday evening, I watched some TV and then fell asleep. No running. No 30 Day Shred either. I know I can make up for it at the weekend. LL I promise : ).

Wednesday evening I missed the boot camp session. Part of me was pleased as it was raining and cold. The bigger and hopefully shrinking part of me thought about it more than I thought I would. Despite eating grilled salmon and veggies and drinking water for the work dinner, I felt I should be exercising not eating. An evil E against a good E. I know Im going to feel heavy and useless tomorrow, my mind is already changing thinking 2 days without exercise is a bad move. What about the last 22 years?!

So bring on Thursdays boot camp, come on. OFC says its a light session tomorrow, but it will be fine enough for me thanks! This time next year I will be running the 10km with LL and the others. Only 12 months to go to shift this nightmare Ive been carrying for too long, physically and mentally. Time to move on. Time passes by fast in this twilight zone called Dubai. Therefore, in no time at all I will be running that marathon and enjoying the buzz of a long and regular  run at 6am on a Friday morning. I want to be that person. I need to be that person. Though I think I will still like my Friday lie-ins, especially if I get myself a "hunk-of-spunk" along the way too. Hello!!! : )

No comments:

Post a Comment