Popular Posts

13 October - D Day

D for detoxification. D for Diets gone for good. D for drying my hair naturally for the next week. D for driving myself barmy with excitement. D for detox - the Jason Vale Juicemaster retreat. Ding dong hello healthy new me ....

Its here, the day Ive been planning for and waiting for - the reason I now possess enough gym clothes, knickers, socks, bras, tops, joggers (long, medium and short) and 4 pairs of trainers - in all colours of the rainbow and more. Ive travelled to Istanbul, to wait for my next flight to Dalaman tomorrow, to then head to Gocek to the Juicemaster RAF Bootcamp Retreat. Juices, soups, salads and healthy shots for 1 week. Yoga, pilates and meditation. Hiking, mountain walking but no running : ). RAF Bootcamp - uff thats going to hurt. But Im going to give it my all. Im going to learn how to detox my mind, body and soul. Learn how to get to bed early, in an attempt to become a morning person. To learn a more healthier lifestyle. To make lifelong changes to give me the boost to reach my goal next May. I need to go back and look at my earlier goal for New year in Sydney.

And my overall goal - to lose 5kgs from tomorrow until the evening of Sunday 23 October, my next BCA weigh in. I then plan to continue the same healthy eating plan and increase my activity levels for the remainder of October. Add on another 2kgs to that goal.

BRING IT ON! : )

I arrived at the airport on time, less time than I usually give myself but I did have to get my egate card updated with the new visa. I had 20 mins if that in the Emirates Lounge. Now, I was going to stick to just fruit, then MsM's words rang in my ears - "id have a last chance blow out and eat what I want if I was doing the detox" - sort of in those words anyway. I compromised as I hadnt eaten all day, I missed brekkie and it was now lunch - I had 1 glass of orange and 1 glass of Moet - it had to be done. A handful of wasabi rice cakes and I was done. Just the flight to deal with, but I already had a cunning plan ...

I had pre-booked my "fruit platter" with Emirates, and I had chosen the back row window seat so I wouldnt be surrounded by food and smells and people eating around me. I even refused the menu on board, I didnt want to know what I was missing and if it had been thai green chicken curry I would never have managed to resist! I didnt like the man sat next to me, his right foot was in "my space", and I had limited leg room as it was for that bix under the seat in front. Then he couldnt keep his right leg still - constant twitching really peeves me. Sit still FFS!! I decided to detox the annoyance, start as I mean to go on - so I gave him my wheat and e-numbered nibbles that came with my water and apple juice. I was suddenly craving a tia maria and diet coke, my standard flying drink. I had to switch my mind, some David Guetta and Usher in my ears eased my cravings.

When the fruit platter arrived I did laugh - the fruit platter was reasonable but whats with everyone these days serving half a strawberry - are they not available at the moment? Didnt the UK have massive of crops this year? "Pudding" was more fruit but a smaller portion, COVERED IN CHOCOLATE! Then there was the bread roll and butter on the side, snuggling in beside the cheese and crackers, suffocating the after meal chocolate. Now, since Ive been invited to give feedback on some Emirates website, they are going to get mine. WHEN SOMEONE ORDERS FRUIT PLATTER THEY ARE TRYING TO BE HEALTHY - DO NOT INCLUDE BREAD, BISCUITS, CHOCOLATE OR CHEESE. THEY MIGHT BE TORTURED TO EAT IT ...

I saved the banana for my travels tomorrow, though he is already a bit battered after travelling in my handbag in the manic Turkish Taxi on the way to the hotel. Thankfully, the hotel is close to the airport ..

After chilling in my hotel room, and faffing around for a bit (and eating some almonds), I got to the gym. It was a 40 minute workout, but I did it. I moved. Room service didnt pick up when I got back to my room, so after my shower and change I wandered down to The Market. How fab is it to have an honesty cafe!? Dear lord, put that in Dubai and its going to get severely abused. I however didnt do any abusing. I chose 2 salads - they were TEENY :



However, at least I was healthy. My mind was tempted with the chicken ceaser salad - bad enough - but then my thoughts ran away to fries with mayo. So NOT going to get in ma belly! Not today, not next week, not for a long time.

Ive got my apple ready for my journey to be packed with my almonds and banana. Thats the trip from the airport to Gocek to the resort. I will nt revert to sampling the local delicaies of kebabs, ince cream and turkish delight. Though I will bring some delight back for sampling in November. I cant not bring some back, I just need to ensure that I share it : ).

Now its sleep time, I need to rest up for my week ahead.

To be continued .........................

No comments:

Post a Comment