Popular Posts

26 January - Boxing!!!

I enjoyed boot camp tonight. I restrained myself to say love because its not quite true and I seem to love a lot of things and people. I need to be more specific and discriminating about "love" from now on, just in case LL gets any ideas that Im really beginning to enjoy this boot camp lark.

Tonight we had Zaid from OFC again, and I was very pleased with myself that I arrived at 720pm. I was early, I was SO not going to get the team a punishment, But I did drive the 1min route from home to the park just to make sure ..... confession of the day over with, now back to the boot camp!

When I arrived I could see the blue OFC tshirts inside the park and on the left, a new location. Interesting. When I stepped inside the only thing I could say was "Thats sand"! Yep, Zaid had set up some boxing gear, and some rope ladders on 2 sides, on the volley ball court. At least it wasnt the rifles again. We warmed up and I even put my hands IN the sand, OK wasnt so bad, but there was a definite flying ant infestation living in that sand, and no doubt I will get bitten .... I dont like sand or flying ants yuck!!!

But what a great session. part of it was running at the beginning and more at the end, I did my best and even though Im still the slowest in the team, I can feel small improvements. The team cheered each other in between, it helped us push ourselves that little bit more, if we could. Then there was some core exercises for half the team and the other half had boxing. Kneeling down boxing the sh#t out of the boxing base. I was personally taking my anger and frustration into a focus on my body fat, the boxing base was all my wobbly flab and I was boxing it into the sand. Sadly when I stood up to swap teams and do some core exercises, the flab was still there but if we keep doing boxing in the boot camp sessions, I will enjoy it more and keep fighting that flab. The core exercises were a mix of crunches, pushups, cross sit ups (?) etc ... I really need to learn the names of these exercises. Part way through we had to go into pairs, I was the odd number who had Zaid. My first reaction was oh no, I cant do this with Mr Fitness himself, but with Zaid's encouragement and pushing again, I was able to do more than I thought. Again there is space for improvement, a lot, but if I had not been paired with Zaid, I would not have done as many of the exercises. Thanks Zaid.

Now the challenge of the evening is - to wash and dry the OFC blue tshirt tonight before tomorrow nights session. Ah thats why we have ac on in the winter! Now I know ..... Night night boxing boot camp, please come again sooon!

PS I got 2 flying ant bites on my left knee, must bring some spray with me next time - sorry dad, hot water wont work this time, there is nowhere to plug in the kettle ........!!

No comments:

Post a Comment