Popular Posts

25 January 2011 - Conspiracy Theory


Conspiracy - a secret plan by a group to do something unlawful or harmful, the action of plotting or conspiring


I have been an avid user of EW - expatwoman.com since I arrived in the UAE and have supported everything they aim to achieve. I have recommended to many many people, the forum and it has always been a reliable source of balanced views and recommendations. However, since I began this boot camp commitment for the next year, it is clear that EW does not support OFC - other fitness companies and individuals recommendations and postings remain however every time myself or one of my co-bootcampers enters a new posting about Boot camp in Mirdif (not even mentioning OFC) the posting gets deleted. Its a conspiracy. On MY Blog I can mention any recommendations and as long as I meet the local cultural, ethical and legal obligations of this country, I have freedom of speech. EW - sorry you cant delete this one!

The day I first uploaded this blog I entered a posting on EW and it was deleted within a short space of time, and it has now become a hobby of mine to write about boot camp in Mirdif and give OFC credit for this as much as possible.

So while Im here, the OFC website is : www.originalfitnessco.com. Contact Corey for details on any boot camp, but the Mirdif Boot camp is new, Mons Weds and Thurs 730pm in Mirdif Park at the back of Uptown and beside Uptown School on 15 Street. 

I had a busy today, apart from creating my own conspiracy which is time consuming but also very amusing. A drive to Abu Dhabi and back (NEARLY ran out of fuel, OMG, Im a girl and I would never have lived that one down ... thankfully after many prayers to the Petrol Station God, I rocked up just inside Abu Dhabi with a snot of fuel left in the tank ....). Back in Dubai I did a few hours work and a mad dash to pick up LL who was joining me for my Body Composition Analysis and meeting with the Homeopathic Nutritionist at Dubai Herbal Treatment Centre (www.dubaihtc.com, ask for Dr Brenda but be quick as she is pregnant!).

I had the BCA - had them before at Lively (they are not getting a link recommendation!!!) but this time I had to undress and wear a green hospital gown with the back open. I kept the knickers on, there is only so much a friend can tolerate in the friendship game and it doesnt involve seeing my bare ass! I then had to stand on the BCA machine, holding the handles out to the side, and was told to not move, dont laugh and dont talk. For those of you who know me, this HAS to go down as one of my biggest challenge yet. Apparently that was 3 mins, the machine took its time!

I LOST ANOTHER 1KG!!! Whoop whoop whoooop. It was confirmed on the BCA machine after being weighed on the other scales, so even though these were different scales to the new Drs (go on, you can can have a link recommendation - www.medcarehospital.com/about/medical-centres) Im still counting the loss as a total loss. So thats now 3.5kgs! Considering I have 17 months to lose 30kgs, this is more than 10% of my goal already achieved in 3 weeks. Though I do know it gets harder to lose the closer I get to my target.

Next was the meeting with Dr Brenda, a very personal chat, a great attitude and a (very severe) 1 month detox plan, but I have to go for it if I want this to work! I think she was bewildered by LL attending the meeting with me, perhaps she assumed we were a couple! Ellen Degeneres eat your heart out (yes you can also get a link recommendation because you are fabulous and MUCH better than Oprah - http://ellen.warnerbros.com).

I left the meeting feeling positive, and loaded down with homeopathic medicines to assist the month detox plan (and Im sure including the tea my mum drinks that I think smells lovely til you get too close!) and with a very light purse. I need to sort out the OFC package/discount at my follow up, but the whole session and meds cost me AED750! And we were chased out of the clinic because they were waiting for us to leave to go home....

A quick dash home back to the dark side, pick up my old lady (my eldest cat, been with me for the last 8 years) and headed to the vets near the posh side. It is something I had been dreading as she was in a bad way but the great news was she was easily "fixed" despite some blood and lots of meows (more when the the vet had the thermometer up her bum .... reminds me of an Emily Lloyd movie, 'up your bum, up your bum ...", No? Just me then ....)

However, my purse was a lot lighter again, AED950 this time!! Sigh ..........If anyone needs a good vet, my last link recommendation of the day is - www.abvc.ae

After a quick home visit to a mad Glaswegian friend of LLs (how DID you keep your accent, I had to give mine up years ago!!!!) Home, sleep, another day gone and another 1kg lost. Little steps, making progress, chatting to the right people. Thanks for your support LL, you are my lucky vet mascot now, thats 2 cats saved with your presence!!

No comments:

Post a Comment