Popular Posts

27 January - Run Fat Boy Run

Love that movie. Love Simon Pegg. NOoooo, I dont love them. I like them a lot ..... Simon Pegg - very funny man - http://www.peggster.net, however NOT as funny as Michael McIntyre. He won awards in the UK, just cant remember what they are, and I voted for you Michael (www.michaelmcintyre.co.uk)!

Sorry, back to boot camp .... Thursday. Corey. Last day of the week. The weekend only begins at 830pm remember. What a tough session it was too. I had read on facebook earlier it was a running session so I was already feeling a little deflated. In my current state, I wasnt built for running. Im carrying a lot of weight. I dont have any cushioning in my last vertebrae so running can cause the sciatic nerve to stick or catch. And I cant breathe and panic then the breathing gets worse. And I can feel everything wobble, not a nice feeling but I know that feeling will gradually lessen as long as I stick to the healthy eating and OFC Boot camps.

Now before I forget, there is now a morning Mirdif Boot Camp session - Mons Weds and Thurs 930am, Mirdif Park, back of Uptown, next to Uptown School on 15 Street. Contact Corey at OFC - corey@originalfitnessco.com. I believe these morning sessions will commence Monday 31 January but check with Corey.

And back to boot camp. There was running. Some core exercises. Mostly running. Parachutes tied to our waists and running. Running with sit ups and press ups and running. Up a small hill that felt like a mountain very quickly. I tried to keep going, my breathing was still a struggle but an improvement on 3 weeks ago. Then we had to remember everyones names, and if not we had burpees as punishments. Sorry co-bootcampers, Im great with faces but not names, I will eventually know but I do forget, reason being Im focusing every molecule of my being just to survive bootcamp, Im not remembering the little details. I have a few names and even now I cant remember everyones names. Corey, you know who has signed up. No more burpee punishments ploise!? Jumping jacks, squats, even running, but not burpees.

I tried to do part burpees, aware that my blood pressure was still not at the best level as per my new Dr. I half did them, there were 35 in total! I got dizzy towards the end, I was on a slight slope so that didnt help. I hate that feeling, where the grass becomes the night sky and the night sky seems to move from left to right. I kept my balance but my head was going to explode. I felt sick, but I had to keep it together. There was no way I was spewing in public!!

We finished with more running, I thought of the movie with Mr Pegg, and realised I could never have made that kind of bet, or even attempted such a run, but he wasnt even fat! Mildly overweight in the beach ball belly department perhaps, but that was just beer and crisps! He wasnt obese and he wasnt fat. Poor Mr Pegg. I wish I only had the beachball to worry about, I have that and the rest.

Boot camp over, I headed home. Despite the struggle I DID get a buzz from completing another boot camp session. Considering I still dont quite "like" it (yet?). I had energy, instead of tiredness, I had to get some retail therapy. Home by 845pm, showered, dressed, hair straightened AND makeup, I was in Mirdiff City Centre by 920pm. I felt like I was in the Twilight Zone and for a few seconds pondered the idea that I had actually managed to at last pause time. Alas no, I just moved my ass and got out the door. Now to replicate that every weekday from next Sunday onwards.

A pomegranate pinkberry for dinner. And helllloooo weekend, we made it!

No comments:

Post a Comment