Popular Posts

16 January 2011 - Week 3 of lifestyle change ...


... week 2 of boot camp.

I didnt sleep again last night. Not for want of trying (what DOES that mean?) but because my mind was full of the fact I am at risk of a stroke, heart attack, kidney failure and all sorts of other illnesses. At what point did I become a hypochondriac? Erm, about 2am this morning I believe.

I felt so low and scared, needed to suddenly get all my "stuff" in order in case anything happened to me and then was scared of actually dying, of the pain of a heart attack. I remembered the chest pains I had when I had gall bladder issues, and how I thought I had heart problems, only to find out my ECG was perfectly normal. Had the gall bladder removed, reduced my weight from its highest recorded of 118kgs (it was 122kg at my worst!) and I STILL didnt learn. Til now, and Im just hoping its not too late.

So you can imagine the kind of mood I woke up in today. Grizzly bear had nothing on me. Tried to make an appointment for a body composition test followed by an appointment with a nutritionist. Only to be passed to 4 different people to be told they dont have a nutritionist any more, depsite their advertising and 5 attempts to confirm a 630pm appointment next Tuesday. 

I also tried to get the times for yoga classes at Fitness First Mirdif City Centre. They werent listed, couldnt get the number from the internet, called 3 times before FF Uptown gave me the right number. Couldnt get the details over the phone. Told letter by letter the website to check the classes. Blocked at work. Letter by letter spelt out my email address, 3 times. Got the email. No attachment, just the same website she already gave me but didnt work. No wonder I have high blood pressure with such incompetent customer service (or lack of) and service in this country. 2 Basic tasks took me well over 30mins and Im sure increased the BP above 150/80!

I got on with my work.  Overpaid Training Admin and photocopier .......

The positive spin to today was I contacted my co-bootcamper, my new running friend to see if she would be joining me this evening at the Park for the same running/walking we did on Friday. I thought, if she confirms she is joining me, I HAVE to go and I have no excuses when I get home to not do any exercise. As much as I have a ton of cleaning and ironing to do that would keep me moving, the run seemed far more important. Boot camp is definitely affecting my motivation to improve my fitness so Im not such an arse at it on Mondays Wednesdays and Thursdays! And we did our 3 runs (timings much the same as last time for me) and 4 fast walks afterwards, making sure we stretched well before and after as we are taught at boot camp. It was nice to chat and my co-bootcamper confessed that if I had not sent the sms she would not have done it. So we are keeping each other motivated to show up. Thanks Zaid and Corey from OFC!

I also did more reading on high BP - drinking more water (I really dont drink enough), acupuncture, more reiki, cupping and looking at my potassium levels. I need to increase my blueberries (yum) so I can stock up on them tomorrow for my morning lactose free smoothies.

Things are looking up. I even had time to finish cleaning the kitchen, moved it around a bit, finish cleaning the sofa covers, and Im even writing this before 1130pm. Walking to the car after work today I had to admit to myself that I felt a bit better than usual and for sure, had more energy. Tomorrows another day, Im allowed one off day week per week, perhaps I can use LLs 20/80 rule here. : ). I was even treated to 30mins of Michael McIntyre on a recored Live at the Apollo, who is funny but even funnier when I watch it with sis - must get the DVDs and bring them next time Im over, or just buy them there and bring them back. Roll on April. Miss you little sis xx

Night night world, you seem a better place tonight, and tomorrow is just another day. A better day!

Ps I have yoga options Sun 630pm, Tues 630pm, Fri 1030am and some Pilates Sat 1130am. BRILLIANT! Now to get some free passes for the girls ......Bely Dancing 5pm Saturday

No comments:

Post a Comment