Popular Posts

29 January - So close to a Lime Tree carrot cake ......

What a day!


A fight with the bank - whats new in this city but this is getting ridiculous!! Just do as I say not what you can grab out of a hat ......


A haircut with a granny styleee blow dry - thanks, all thats missing is the pink rinse. Bug%er, no time to head home to re-do. Sunglasses on, grin and bear it.


Met LL at the Organic Store in Dubai Mall, she didnt find the granny hairdo that amusing as partly it had reduced in size by the time we met, partly because she had been told 3 different directions by the Mall employees and still had to find her own way to meet me. Gotta love Dubai and directions!


AED480 later, with 1.5 bags of organic food, my purse was again lighter, but I had more than a weeks supply of organic salmon and froper (?!). Now I know a little more about portion size from Dr Brenda, 1 portion of their salmon is 2 -3 for me. Just the size of the palm of the hand! I also got some emergency "healthy" carbs for the months detox ahead. I need to get planning, organising and shopping so Im ready for next week. So much to do, so little time.


I was late to pick up MissA, but thankfully she eventually got my Christmas and Birthday pressies, better delayed than not at all but think I need to make a big effort to get next years to you on time. Merry Christmas, Happy New Year and Happy Birthday ; ) xx


And we set off for the Weightloss Show at Hayya at Emirates Hills. 2hrs later and 4 wrong directions, we found the right road. Sadly for us we had JUST decided that if THIS wasnt the right road we were heading straight to Lime Tree Cafe (www.thelimetreecafe.com) for some of their amaaazing carrot cake. For me it was that and a burger. So thank god we got to the right Hayya. And its not in Emirates Hills!!!! And the "big" fountain needs to be switched on if you are giving that as a point of reference. And you need to get the map on the website next time!! 


We met a dietician. He was Glaswegian. He looked like my brother. He didnt look old enough or experienced enough to be giving advice about nutrition. About 20mins later and a witnessed handshake of a AED500 bet, Im signed up with MissA to attend his week 1 (of 8) Tuesday session for free, with the guarantee I would lose 4kgs in one week on his healthy eating plan. He even said he would prepare an eating plan specific for someone with high blood pressure. He has asked me to delay the detox for 1 week, attend the meeting on Tuesday, do the eating plan for 1 week and report back. Now how can I refuse such a bet. If I dont lose 4kgs in 1 week, I gain AED500. If I do lose 4kgs I also lose AED500 BUT that also means I have met my first target. Bring on the maid and get that ironing off my task list! Andrew, youre not getting a link recommendation yet, but help me lose a healthy 4kgs in 1 week with a changed attitude towards food, I will be attending your 8 week programme and recommending your services. Please keep it to Sundays, Tuesdays or Saturdays. Boot camp still remains my first commitment. OFC boys Corey and Zaid, Im in it for the long term!


Andrew was very passionate about his job, about passing on his knowledge and changing peoples lives. I liked him a lot, and being from my home town also helps persuade me. I liked his style, I liked his confidence. If he can offer me the nutritional balance to the OFC Boot camp exercises, I feel this is a good combination. With the help of Dr Brenda to gel it all together, I feel Im on a winning streak. I think February is going to be a good month. LL, he is a dietician/nutritionist mostly for sports people and may be of interest to you too.


I have to confess, I didnt exercise today. I didnt clean or iron either. I also havent been shopping but I have worked out I have enough for tomorrows 5 small meals, with a bought green salad from the restaurant close to work for lunch. Grapes and nuts are easy morning and afternoon snacks for me, this is time saving and easily eaten within my meeting and training schedule. Sorry LL, I will do double running tomorrow night to make up for it! And then shopping HAS to occur, I have to remember to plan ahead, buy only what I need, get organised and get prepared each day in advance. I will get there, Ive just had a blip in the plan for today, back in the saddle tomorrow.


Now 10pm bedtime so 630am alarm tomorrow doesnt feel so painful. Hello next week, hello February, hello 4kgs, hello new maid. Life is moving in the right direction. Now I just need to find some adult roller skates (NOT roller blades!) so I can skate myself around the jogging route, thats something now top of my wish list. LL fancy some shopping next Friday? The last time I roller-skated I was singing "Its my party and I'll cry if I want to .... you would cry too if it happened to you". Im planning on crying with happiness on 25 Feb when I fit into my fave dress that has never fitted me properly - standing up in it was bearable but sitting down split my belly No 2 into belly's No 2 and 3 and it really wasnt pretty .......................

No comments:

Post a Comment