Popular Posts

11 January 2011 - Fly fly away ...


The day after the night before. Boot camp Day 1. I didnt sleep, no surprise there really. But I think this was more due to the fact I didnt want to miss my 8am flight. However, I can only describe today by using a timeline, otherwise Im just going to ramble.

530am - alarm wakes me up. Either I havent slept or Ive dreamt I was awake, cant quite work it out. Regardless, Im knackered, frazzled and its dark outside. Not bad, I dont feel in too much pain. Better than expected, marvelous. Now Im awake. OK lets get moving.

8am - sat onboard a Gulf Air flight (even though I would have preferred Emirates to get my miles up), thinking about the carb overdose they usually serve for breakfast. In flight - Great news, I can have the fruit salad (4 chunks of) and the orange juice. Left the carb overdose, thats got to be a first! Well done me : )

9.15am (Dubai time) - arrived in Bahrain, got some steps to walk down. Right, starting to feel a bit more pain in my thighs than I felt a few hours before. These steps are definitely killing my thighs. 

10am (Bahrain time) - arrive at the office, struggled to get out of the Pajero elegantly, half way through disembarking my legs decided to not be connected to the rest of my body (reminds me of a French and Saunders skecth - one for my sis to laugh at - "... then her legs fell off, along with her kinky boots"). Oopsa

1pm - morning training done, well done me. Time for a bathroom break and some of "LL's" recommended stretches. How funny doing that in a small toilet, good job they are nice and clean in Bahrain not like Dubai. Must get new office cleaners .... Anyway, my thighs pretented to function even less, practically threw my bum cheeks on the toilet seat, now I had to work out how to stand up and walk again too. I wonder if I would be missed if I just sat here for a few days while the pain went away?

4.30pm - lost my voice as a result of the days training, cant sit up or stand up or anything in between, wish I could just go home and relax, but oh no, I have at least another 4hrs before I even leave the country, another 6hrs before I can think about my head hitting my pillows. Sigh. Im going to have a Quality Street. Magic, my voice is back! 

5.45pm - leave Bahrain office, cant climb into the Pajero, have to hold my breath and just throw myself in before our driver thinks Im drunk and/or stoned. Just get me home!!

7.45pm - walked into the departure lounge (lounge -  a very loose term to be used in Bahrain airport, it feels more like an Iraq prison or a Timbuktu market to me, crazy chaos), trying to find a seat in the corner. My luck is in. Now. I. Just. Need. To. Try ... To .... uffff .... sit ....dowwwwwnnnnnnn ..... aaaaaa .... with.Ooooout.looking. Like.I. Just ....Learnt. To....Walk. BUMP. Im sat : ). Lets just try to cross my legs. Nope. Lets not. Ok I will just pull myself up a bit. Nope. im just going to sit right here. For a few minutes.

8pm - Ooops. HUGE Ooops. I forgot I had to step onto a bus. Ive just realised I also have to climb some stairs. Im in row 29 aisle seat. Now Im wishing I had opted for row 8 middle seat, regardless of the fact I would be tensed the whole journey, and feel trapped, and start panicking about how I would get out quickly in an emergency, but least it would be a shorter walk, a sideways walk too! Im off the bus, looking up the steps to get on the plane. I know I just need to get one shot at it, one sprint up those steps and Im on. But no, there are people in my way. So I endure the one step at a time method. My legs hurt. Now my stomach hurts. And whats thats? Muscles under my arms and at the side of my boobs. Come on just move up the bloody steps you over done up flirty ladies, in fact carry your own bags, in fact no your bags shouldn't even be allowed on the plane. Grrrrrr, move and get out of my way!

8.05pm - Im sat on my 29D aisle seat (whatever happened to seat B?). Dont think I can stand up again and get off the flight. I wonder if they will clean around me and just let me sleep? I ate the in-flight carb ..... hey, I left the choc biscuit, come on!!!!

10.40pm (Dubai time) - Im standing, I dont know how. Maybe the pretty man who is holding up the rest of the passengers to let me go has something to do with it. Yeah thanks, watch me struggle to reach above and get my pretty pink case down. Ufffff, ouch. Thank goodness there are no stairs. Elevators - I need to walk down them, its a struggle but I do a few steps. Travelators (that doesnt appear in my spell check, but you know what I mean) - I often wondered what kind of people DONT use these inventions. People who have just done boot camp thats who!! People who need to walk and kick their legs out to stretch the muscles before complete paralysis sets in, thats who! Erm, that be me then.

11.30pm - home, bed. Tired is not the word. Night night nasty painful muscles, now go to sleep. x

No comments:

Post a Comment