Popular Posts

28 January - How to survive a Dubai Friday Brunch

I didnt sleep til 2am, was wide awake, maybe it was the late night Pinkberry (www.pinkberry.com). Or maybe Im just excited its the weekend, no alarms and seeing my mates I havent seen for so long. Maybe it was the excitement that I bought a dress one size smaller for AED80 in the sale and it fitted me! Yay : ).


So, what have I learnt so far about weight loss and exercise? Actually tons of things, some old wives tales, some facts and some new ideas. Mostly, Ive learnt that I need to ensure that my metabolism works when Im no exercising so that I continue to burn and lose fat and therefore lose weight away from the boot camp and other exercises. So how did I survive the Dubai Friday Champagne Brunch? I exercised Friday morning BEFORE brunch. Thats just for starters....


I decided to run around my home, its a safe closed and huge community. I had run this route a few times before last year (about 3 times ..) and it took me over 20mins, was more a fast walk than a run, and I was struggling with the breathing. This time I am very proud to report I only stopped 2 times for less than 1 min each time, and completed the run in 18mins. Even more fabulous was that I didnt struggle with my breathing. Dont get my wrong, I wasnt trying to be Zola Budd, I just ran at a steady pace, and got my breathing into a rhythm that I could handle. Over time I will improve the speed and the rhythm but for now I was happy to have done so well and run for so long each time without stopping. Granted, its a flat surface with no sign of slopes, hills or mountains. I was blinded by the sun so need to get some shades I can wear that wont slip off my face. I cant risk my Raybans falling off and smashing ..... I sweated well and I think I heard someone applauding me at one point. Cheeky sarcastic git!!


Once home, I went straight to my 30 Day Shred DVD; Ive only completed level 1 twice before, but I thought, since Ive been doing boot camp for 3 weeks now, lets try level 2. And I did, and I did it better than I thought I would. I enjoyed the walking pushups, though I still struggled with the cardio, but level 2 was more enjoyable than level 1, so will stick with level 2 through February. If I feel crazy and brave I may try level 3 just to see - http://jillianmichaels.shop.sportstoday.com/Product.aspx?pc=JIAM13


Now Im ready to handle brunch. Spectrum on One at the Fairmont Hotel has a few options to choose from, I chose the AED550 champagne brunch. We were celebrating the gorgeous MissA's birthday and we were going to do it in styleee. I only ate a fraction of what I would normally have eaten, 2 plates of the thai/chinese food and only a small portion of carbs (white rice). I did have a few little puddings and some jelly sweets but I avoided the brunchie-excess by drinking at least 1 full glass of water every time they topped up my champagne glass. There is no way to keep a track of how much I drank but I know that was also a fraction of my previous consumption. I felt tired at 430pm and so went home.


We missed the sandstorm completely! http://gulfnews.com/news/gulf/uae/weather/sudden-storm-brings-life-to-a-halt-in-uae-1.753793


Once home, I wasnt tired any more. I was full of energy again. I didnt feel drunk at all, in fact I felt very sober. Glad to know my kidneys and liver are working well ...... so what did I do? Yep, I cleaned for 2 hours, and did all my laundry. I then had a lovely relaxing weekend with the sweet MrB, watching the news unfold in Egypt .... what a crazy time, and there is no short cut to end this revolution......


My personal revolution however continues, and similarly there is no short cut to my happy ending. Still day by day, but Im now moving into weeks and also the end of the first month. February is only around the corner and I plan to drop one more dress size and a min 3.5kgs again. Then I can get someone to do my ironing that continues to pile up, when will I find time to do it!?

No comments:

Post a Comment