Popular Posts

22 February - Back on Track with Ruby Tuesday

A little more sleep last night, still feeling clumsy and a bit foggy. Why do I do overnight flights and straight into the office! Ah yes, cos I love holidays and weekends away.

Monday was not a good day, but one day of negativity now and again wont kill me, I just need to reduce them some more.

What a great day today has been. Myself and MissA were able to have an appointment with the lovely Scottish Andrew - ok, you can now get your recommended link. Especially since there is a link I need to add here to advise people what kind of character we have in our Dietitian (I seriously cannot spell that word, what IS wrong with me!!!). Email Andrew Picken on bespokenutrition@gmail.com. He works from the Dubai Physiotherapy and Family Medicine Clinic in Jumeirah Town Centre - www.dubaiphysio.com.

Andrew is a great guy, full of passion and energy about what he can offer people like me, and just wants to help us to get healthy and learn everything we need to do to move on and survive our new lives. Tonight was weigh in day - BCA again, this time a different clinic. Last time I had a BCA my body fat was 46.6%. I was very pleased to read tonight that it was reduced to 41.9%. Progress, but no time to celebrate and get complacent. Time to kick ass into my 2nd piece of my children jigsaw puzzle. With the ball coming up on Friday, 2kgs before next Tuesday is my loss goal. Then after that Im looking at 4kgs. Time to get home, and shopping and get prepared.

Tonight I got a sore back from standing and chopping and packing portions of food into every tupperware dish I could. Thankfully tupperware is an obsession that I was introduced to by my mum many many years ago. Its not called that anymore officially but in my apartment its tupperware, ok!? Im ready for the next few days, I have portions of raw almonds and walnuts, portion of olives, strawberries and blueberries ready to go. Greek yoghurt, 2 versions to try but had some of "Rachels" with the excess blueberries (about 54g) for dinner. I wasnt even hungry, I didnt want to cook and waste the food so this was a good back up for tonight I thought. Still not hungry and its past midnight.

So if youre looking for a great, recommended Dietitian, Andrew is your man. Be aware though, that there are several ladies who have a crush on this young man, so he MAY get booked up and busy quite quickly. He is proving to be a big hit with the ladies in Dubai - he is the scottish Dubai version of my brother in the UK, he was always a hit with any female he meets. Even now his mum and 4 big sisters all still look out for him and he knows it! On a serious note, Andrew is a breath of fresh air to this whole process, so if youre like me and need huge doses of inspiration, positivity and an energy that you can immediately soak up, email Andrew now. Just dont book him out until I have completed my 8 week course!

Thanks Andrew, youve changed my outlook on this week that started off pretty bad, it can only get better from here one - Im organised, prepared and ready to get through the next week. 2kgs, here we come. And last words of the day, its always easier and much more fun to do this with a friend - whether its my LL Guru pushing me and keeping me focused, or whether its the lovely MissA attending the 8 week course with me, or whether its the co boot campers who look out for each other, all I know is I cant do this alone. Im feeling lucky and grateful for my lot tonight. Except, I need someone to shrink my swollen legs and ankles, anyone got any ideas?

Night night Ruby Tuesday : )

No comments:

Post a Comment