Popular Posts

21 - 22 January 2011 - I love my weekends

There is something about weekends that I love. Its more than not working and having to talk to people, to think and balance priorities and meet ridiculous deadlines, its more about the fact I dont need an alarm, or rather I choose not to have the alarm working. Blisssssssssss : ).

Friday mornings are usually spent reading in bed even if I wake up at 830am, with the kitties allowed to come and join me for their weekly cuddle in bed treat, then its a competition of who can get as close to my face as possible. 3 kitties on my belly only remind me I really should NOT be lazing in bed but moving my ass cleaning, walking, running - basically just moving. I think I need to keep the momentum going in between bootcamp, a bit like a clocks pendulum, once it stops it stops unless someone winds it up or gives it a huge shove. Im feeling pretty ok, Im the swinging pendulum, and Im still moving. Bloody marvelous.

So I go back to sleep again til 11am .... thank goodness for weekends!

Now a Dubai Friday brunch. Interesting concept. A concept that has maintained my excess weight and encouraged my early years of unofficial AA membership. Thankfully I grew up a little over the last few years and I spent 80% of 2009 and 2010 alcohol free (I even gave away my old bar stock, it was a big bar ...... great memories, but reckless life really. Least I made a good profit in selling the bar). Whoever invented these alcohol induced brunches which commence at the same time as the important Friday prayers was asking for trouble. And in recent years as reported in The Sun, lots of trouble. Im happy to confirm I remain trouble free and plan to continue this way.

I was so looking forward to spending time with the lovely MrsT and MrT and family. Grand Hyatt, Market Place on a Friday is THE mature and civilized brunch for people who want to avoid the drunken brunches and have a decent long lunch with great people, great conversation and amazing food. I ate about 10% of my usual consumption and I was still full. I was careful with my choices - caesar salad first with prawns, easy on the dressing chef! Me eating prawns by choice is also a new thing, as is eating steamed fish 4 -5 times a week. I followed the salad with a SMALL (yes I did) plate of veggies and hummus, a little arabic bread on the side. Look, I wasnt going nuts it was only a few small pieces. Then I choose grilled tandoori chicken and tandoori paneer. The paneer even for my portions was huge (thanks MrsT for taking some so I wouldnt waste it). I did have a little biryani and some nan bread. 100% less than my usual consumption. I was proud. Long waits in between, lots of beautiful fruit juices and just the best company and conversation I could ask for.

Even better, I was sat next to some family of MrT, both are long distance runners and super super fit. I told them about my life challenge and they were so supportive and realistic with when I cold expect that buzz LL keeps talking about - 1 said 1yr, the other said 2yrs! OMG really??? They made me feel ok with my 1kg weight loss and supported LLs  and Zaids explanations about my body changing and being in shock and it cold be muscle gain. Phew, now I feel OK, 4 people told me the same, it MUST be true.

I waited ann hour and had 1 scoop coconut and 1 scoop pistachio, but I couldnt avoid the gulub jamon. I know, I know, but I will be good for the rest of the week, I promise!

After 4hrs of grazing sensibly, I chilled for a few hours at MrsTs house, spent quality time with little MrL, who I just love - the happiest chilled little boy, and handsome too, he will break many hearts as soon as he hits KG1 and beyond.

I then went home at 8pmish - cleaned for 1.5hrs and ironed my work clothes for 1.5hrs. I got a buzz from that but think that was more to do with the fact I was singing and dancing to MTV. I used to watch MTV all the time, now Im hardly home to even get the TV on and past Sky News, Im a news addict what can I say! Who needs running (OK, I need it ...) when Ive got so much cleaning and ironing to do. Ironing is just like riding a bike, you fall off and get back on and you do just fine. I cant remember the last time I ironed. Well done me : )

Saturday was spent doing more and more cleaning, and chilling at home with some movies and recorded TV. More Bliss. I decided to run tomorrow, I really needed to relax and see if I could work on getting my BP down and de-stressing. I succeeded and I felt I had the best weekend in a very long time. Thanks to MrsT and family and extended family and my beautiful friend MrB.

Tomorrow I NEED to run - MUST SMS my co-bootcamper in the morning and force myself to move my ass. Ive had 2 days of moving in a different way but I need to push myself. Sorry, who am I? Ha ha, small changes are occurring .................Bring it on OFC, more boot camps ploise!


No comments:

Post a Comment