Popular Posts

27 March - Alive and Present

Just back from another gym session with Zaid and saw LL - she gets more excited about my weight loss and changing body shape than I do, love you LL for that :). Tonight I wore a tshirt I havent worn before, I felt it was a bit small, LL says its OK, I trust her feedback. I flashed her toe loose flabby flesh on my bellies and she said it wasnt too bad, I said it would take a lot of courage to wear a bikini on Saturday - I still trust you LL< but let me see how I feel on Saturday morning!

Ive had a weird week really. Many thoughts, far too many to be honest, a million ideas floating around my head, some forgotten some already sorted. Sorted is my deposit payment for the Juice Therapy course in June. Life changing for me personally, my close friends and family will benefit, then I need to complete a few more courses and exams and I could then use the knowledge I have learned to help others.

Although Im already helping others, Ive been told many times how I have inspired people - friends and friends of friends, its nice to know that this blog has helped you all, one of the nice consequences of my regular online detoxing. Soon I will start charging ha ha! One of my friends started juicing on Sunday and this morning she had already lost 2.7kgs. Another friend started juicing today (AND she has the new Philips Avanche juicer like me, go girl!!). Im rooting for all my girls who are STILL doing the OFC Wonderwoman 2 times a week, Im glad we are all inspiring each other and youre doing amazing! MrsEC, Ive got my eye on you, and Im stalking you every step (as is LL during office hours!). Keep going, keep up the exercise, stay focused, just do your best and keep your sights on that end goal. MsA who is on week 2 has done AMAZING, and Ive loved the updates and mutual motivations - thank you for giving me credit for your inspiration, I did not realise I was that influential to someone as strong and determined as you).

My end goal is in sight (in fact in A4 size red numbers - 75 on my door and on my phone for some subconscious focus), its weird to think that Ive lost over 25kgs since January 2011 and I think I need to lift that weight in the gym at some point to feel what I used to carry. I have no understanding of what that is. Zaid, another task for you for the weekend? I DID have a very bizarre thought this week, that now my 75kgs is so close, it feels easy. This week feels easy, keeping up the exercise is easy (Thursday is my only day off this week and Im watching Hungry for Change at a friends together instead of going drinking ....... Ive got a weighin every Friday now for 6 weeks!!). At the same time, Im throwing away clothes to the charity bin on a daily basis, so much so, that Ive got the smallest wardrobe and working wardrobe EVER! Additionally, today I wore a very larg black short to work, I wore a belt over it. ME! A BELT? Jeeezuzzz. Even more amusing, I didnt wear one of my "safety" vest tops underneath, I decided I didnt need it today. The skirt I was wearing Ive only worn 3 times over 3 weeks, and as of next week, I know in my heart its heading to the charity bin. I love that Monsoon skirt. As Im typing this, I also know the other Monsoon skirt I got at the same time will also be too big, that was a more generous fit ... sigh!

Ive still got a bag of 10 selected dresses and 3 jackets to be taken in by the tailors, just trying to find the time to go to get fitted for them in between my busy schedule. It still amazes where I suddenly found all this spare time to do so much.

Last night I went to the OFC Yogi Fit, took a lovely young friend from work to get her motivated and on her way while she is still 23yrs old! That was my 3rd session and really enjoyed it despite still some significant issues with the right leg, especially where the injection hit ... Anyway, after the session, and a trip to Spinneys for the bulky shopping, and 5 trips back and forth from the car bringing it in, then unpacking and doing some washing, I was literally bouncing off the walls. I thought that at 10pm I would feel a bit tired, hell no, last night I was feeling more alive than I have ever been. There was only one thing for it (only cos I couldnt do a tandem SkyDive .... I did crave it last night, I will be honest - can you imagine, a night skydive ......... sigh sigh!) .... Nordic walk!

Off I went, Yanni playing gently on my ickle ipod shuffle (one ear for safety, it was dark!), poles in hand, and odd I stomped. And it was more of a stomp, I had a plan to gradually stomp this alien takeover of energy that was in my system, I did get some looks - yes you can feel them in the dark from inside the cars that drove past and some even slowed down. I kept my head down and my mouth shut, ooh something new there then! LL had suggested to think if nice calm things as I walked, so I tried and my thoughts moved to the usual over analysis that fills my brain 24/6.5 - not 24/7 (minus half a day for the recent Friday brunches that have filled my head void of much thoughts apart from mmmm thats a lovely cocktail yuck thats a nasty cherry, ooops I think I need to go home now .....). I actually came to a conclusion quite quickly, another first! I just felt alive, I felt good, I felt easily positive, I felt content for today... in fact,  was present! Here, now, alive, doing it, living it. Present. Meditation has been teaching me how to be present when meditating, something I have neglected the last week since class NO 3, as Ive hid my lovely meditation chair in the wardrobe so the kitties dont destroy it or cover it in fur - hidden therefore I dont see therefore I dont do.

So in advance of my final mediation class No 4 with the lovely Helen Williams from Lifeworks, Im off to meditate and practice ahead of tomorrow. It doesnt matter how long I do this as its bedtime and Im not sleeping these days til after 1am at the earliest. Any meditation is a bonus, sleep will come easy after this.

On a final note, I used my new connection to my present self and developing spirituality (I never said that before, how many firsts can I achieve this week .....), something that I am comfortable with and contributes to how I feel at the moment, to find my "lost" earphones last night. After looking around the apartment in the only places they cold be, I sat on my bed, said to my 3rd eye, come on then leets see if you can bloody work and find my earphones, 2 deep breaths and I stood up and walked to my middle wardrobe where I had looked twice in the preceding 5 minutes .. and my eyes were drawn directly without hesitation to the earphones. Thank you 3rd eye, thank you me for being present.

I will finish this waffle, fuss and nonsense for this evening, quickly before I start sounding like an old hippy fart like my dad - Hiya Pops :) - and bow to you all (especially my get fit and juicing it girls) that you are all present in yourselves, for today, not for the past, not dreaming and living in the future - Just here and now present.

Namaste *

The gesture Namaste represents the belief that there is a Divine spark within each of us that is located in the heart chakra. The gesture is an acknowledgment of the soul in one by the soul in another. "Nama" means bow, "as" means I, and "te" means you. Therefore, Namaste literally means "bow me you" or "I bow to you."

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there, awesome site. I thought the topics you posted on were very interesting. I tried to add your RSS to my feed reader and it a few. take a look at it, hopefully

    I can add you and follow.












    Home

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great! i appreciate your work.

    Thanks and regards,
    Dubai Health Trainer

    ReplyDelete