Popular Posts

14 January 2011 - Keep on Moving


Keep on moving dont stop no! So said Soul II Soul. They also said something about dancing in the rain or was that another band called Blue-something or other? Ok music quizzers, help me here! I could google it but Im being lazy today, it IS the weekend. Just please no rain. Me no like!!

I slept! Hallelujah (I had to spell check that, not a common word I use) about time too. I did sleep late, I made myself really tired so I could get some proper rest. I even had an early afternoon kip too. Noice noice!

I keep thinking about the "task" LL has set me. Yesterday evening one of my co-bootcampers agreed with me to meet this evening at 7pm to run around the park. LL asked me to run my best 3 times around and time it, and keep doing this as a measurement. I can do that I said, once over the weekend not too bad.

After a pottering day at home, washing my old car for a viewing, shopping at Union CoOp, it was soon time to go to the park. We changed the time to 6pm. Eeek, it wouldnt be dark by then, but OK get on with it, just do it. So I did. I reached the park early, watched in amazement the amount of people using the park. Before Monday I knew it existed but I never realised how many people used it. A picnic for a family of 20. Kids playing football. Girls sat playing with hair (what IS that, am I the only girl who never did this and finds it a bit freaky?), men playing cards, women sat chatting - always!

My co-bootcamper arrived, we did some upper and lower body stretches. We both leaned on the post rather than attempting to balance on one leg. I had the stop watch ready. I forgot my water yikes. Off we ran. 3 times. 2 mins break in between to get our breath back. And then we fast walked another 3 times and chatted along the way. Was good to get to know each other, Im sure it will help us both encourage each other during next weeks boot camp sessions. My co-bootcamper's sister admires LL and wants to be just like her - I know someone else who admires LL!!!! Ha ha, I got it in .....

We agreed we would be in touch if we went to the park again before Monday, running or walking, and its great I have someone in locally to run/walk round the park with. We can both motivate each other through these hard first few weeks and improve out fitness to make the boot camp sessions that little bit easier.

LL then informed me to do the sam again tomorrow, Saturday and have Sunday as a rest day. Im going to say no to tomorrow, and yes to Sunday instead. Just my personal preference for a whole day with no work or exercise ... sorry LL! Who knows, I may still do it again tomorrow AND Sunday (and Tuesday) .......!

After this little task, I went to see my lovely friend MrsT. I took my brown rice (for 2) and my prawn Boona curry (for 2) as it saved her thinking about dinner for a change, and I already had the food ready, thanks M&S. The greatest thing about this arrangement was it didnt permit me to eat the food made for 2, by sharing it with MrsT ensured there was no way I could (as per my old habits) eat it all to myself. I also made some of my fave juice which we had as a starter. A few hours of gossip later, I really had to let the pregnant MrsT sleep. I was amused that she was stiff and uncomfortable to walk with baby in her tummy (my moneys also on a girl!) and I was waddling the same with stiff thighs and arm muscles. MrsT, you still have a smaller waist and tummy than me ha ha! Love you lots, thanks for cheering me up and letting me detox and download my last few weeks. Hope you slept well. See you tomorrow for a belated Christmas xx

Night night, its far too late for me to be awake! Whats that all about .....Feeling good, better than usual, more positive, feeling I have something to look forward to but I dont know yet what IT is. A long way to go, one day at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment