Popular Posts

10 January 2011 - I did it!


OK, it wasnt Olympic medal material, and there were a few viral wheezing issues (yep, that old excuse is not going to last long now is it!?), but I turned up for Boot Camp. Yes, I stood at the entrance to Mirdif Park wondering why it was actually closed for so long last year. And back to the purpose of being there ...

Boot Camp. There were no boots and there were no tents, nor any camp men thinking about it. However there were a few people who want to get fit the same as me. Too many skinny people for a big girls liking, but I had "LL" by my side. Thanks, big thanks.

It wasnt easy, in fact it was bloody hard and the upsetting and frustrating part was that there was and is no need for me to be so out of shape. Im 38 but I feel like 88. Even stretching and moving was a chore tonight. As much as I could use the word "hate", thats possibly a bit too strong and OTT for a first session. It was just tough on my body that is not used to moving as much. Im looking forward to the big bright light switching on and suddenly realising in a few weeks that I have actually improved compared to today.

AND the t-shirt didnt fit! Well it could have gone over my head and stretched around my 2 bellies and bum shelf, however, I would have been more worried about how ridiculous and appalling I looked rather than doing the exercises. Im hoping for a XXXL (Im now thinking Vin Diesel) or maybe XXXXL (4 is my lucky number) on Wednesday.

But Wednesday is time to meet Corey from Original Fitness Co (OFC). Today we had Zaid, nice man, very nice man. Thank you very much .... aaagggh now Im thinking about Cadburys Roses chocolates!! 

And back to boot camp. Im already stiff and feeling the pain and its only a few hours since boot camp ended. Tomorrows 5.30am alarm call to get to Bahrain for the day is not looking appealing at the moment. Neither is the 10.25pm landing back into Dubai. All I can say is "thank you (without the chocs) for e-gate. Im already shattered, I hope I sleep well but not too well I miss my flight.

But before I go, BP was up again today - not good, and looks like work stress as all the other tests came back. New healthy eating, new fitness regime, new me, new job. Why not, I was more an all or nothing kind of gal anyway.

Im off to sleep. Is there some scientific research that says if you eat more fish you sleep better? Uff, now Ive got The Chemical Brothers "Sammy the Salmon" song in my head. Easily distracted, I need more Michael McIntyre to empty my head.

Night night Day 2 x

No comments:

Post a Comment