Popular Posts

24 January - Working 9 to 5

Happy Birthday for yesterday dad - and welcome to my blog (now Im really going to have to keep this clean and daughter-lady-like. Nah, sod that, dad you know me well enough by now, I AM lady like always xx)


Wish I could work 9 to 5. I would get a longer sleep in the morning and no more 630am alarm calls AND I would be home in daylight.

Tonight, I missed boot camp, and believe it or not, I was devastated. Ok there werent any tears but I could feel my BP rise because I had a tight deadline at work to meet before tomorrow. I had to work late. Monkeys!!!

I was supposed to go for a walk at least, recommended by LL, but by the time I left work I really needed to get to my new Drs Nursing Team for my weekly weigh in and 1 of 3 BP checks. Mondays are good days as I have been doing it before BC to see if my BP has come down and I can start doing burpees .........honest Corey!

There I was, 915pm, walking into the clinic .... "where everybody knows your name". Cheers!

It is funny, I feel like a celeb walking in there, the Receptionists know me, one is quite cute too ... and the nurses all come running out to say Hi and fight over who will do my "readings". I sat down, linked up to the BP machines, Ive lost count of how many times I have been here. In come 3 more nurses, Hi Hi, how are you? They are lovely and turning into my new best friends.

Time to celebrate, my BP has started to come down. Whoop whoop. Its not quite 140/90 but its nearly there, in no time at all I will be normal again. Immediately I want to come off the 1 month BP meds, but I know I cant, not yet. Buts its top of my plan. I will not be on meds at my age for BP!!! We all cheered, me and 4 nurses, but there were no whoops, time for that in a moment....

THEN ..... I stood on the scales. Oh how I cheered and there was a definite whoop from my lungs, the nurses cheered again and even louder this time. I had gained 1kg last Monday and now a week later I had lost 2.4kgs. I HAD to tell LL first and she was over the moon and was smiling from ear to ear (apparently, I didnt see her, I live on the dark side and she quite clearly lives somewhere tons posher ...).

I was SO happy that my pain, frustrations and tears were worth it (I could have said blood, sweat and tears but there was no blood, Bootcamp is not that bad!) and I was finally seeing results. LL had said all along that my body will change internally and sometimes I will lose and sometimes gain, but when changing my life like I am so drastically in such a short space of time, the weight monitoring is not the best option. Its the BCA (body composition analysis?) thats the important one, where it shows the balance of body fat, muscles, bones, water etc. Im booked in for a BCA and a meeting with the homepathic Dr recommended by OFC. But thats tomorrow ...

Today Im going to glow and enjoy the feeling of the start of my success, it feels good, I know its not a huge weight loss and I have a long way to go but I need to take this bit by bit, step by step (was that NKOB?). Its a short period of time, its been hard work, its been a daily struggle but the train has now left the station, Im on my journey!

Ive set myself some goals and rewards.

When I reach my first weight goal - I get a maid, enough of the cleaning and ironing already! Until then, Ive bought a new mop ....

For my birthday in a few months LL and I will be jumping out of a plane with my first sky dive (LLs 2nd I think?) over Dubai beach, with views of the Palm and the World. I will be booking me and girls into the new One and Only Royal Mirage Hotel on the Palm (trying to get the villa but they haven't replied yet) for the weekend and enjoy a very nice and new brunch - one we haven't tried before. Champagne I am told has less calories than wine, infact LL thats not true (I checked today), but you said it has less sugar so that will suit me just fine. Anyone interested in Sky Diving in Dubai (and their car drove past me earlier when I parked the car) can check out their website - www.skydivedubai.ae Come join me!

I personally cannot wait to do this, something I have only dreamt about for a long time - I exceeded their max weight limit, and I would rather be under the max limit, those ropes have to hold me and hopefully a handsome blue eyed boy. Mind you I might wet my pants and thats going to be embarrassing!

However, my first goal is to treat myself to a trip with Mountain High in March - there is one in Koh Samui in Thailand (the land of beautiful people, food and culture - oh and the Tiger Temple ... I may have to extend the trip!!). Im just waiting for the details, but if I can book up I can agree my goal with LL and make sure I reach it and I can fly to my favourite country. Friends and tigers will be added to the schedule too. Im already excited. For those interested in Mountain High - www.mountainhighme.com. Just email Jules and maybe I will see you there! Now to complete my leave request form (and Im then traveling again 6 April for a few days, important business, very important, my beautiful gorgeous nieces birthday).

So now Im motivated and focused and have some clear short term goals, I need to rest and get up tomorrow and keep fighting this flab! Yay I lost 2.4kgs!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment