Popular Posts

23 January - Starting to see improvements

Hello Sunday! I have never really got my head round to Sunday being the first day of the week, the only bonus being by the time Monday arrives, the "Monday" morning blues have already gone. Then its hump day on Tuesday and before I know it, its the weekend again. Not that Im wishing my life away of course ....

Work done and out of the way, me and my co-bootcamper headed to Mirdif Park for our 3 x running and then followed by some speedy walking while we chatted. We motivate each other, if I say Im going she feels she HAS to join me. If she says she is coming I HAVE to show up and do it. A great arrangement if I do say so myself.

Now bearing in mind the previous 2 times I ran around, my timings for the 3rd time were an improvement :
14 Jan : 1 - 2m 43s, 2 - 2mins 54, 3 - 2mins 49s
16 Jan :  1 - 2mins 40s, 2 - 2mins 54s, 3 - 2mins 50s
23 Jan : 1 - 2mins 26, 2- 2mins 42, 3 - 2mins 46s

You can imagine, I was well-chuffed, I knocked 17s off my 1st run, 12s off my 2nd and 3s off the 3rd. Still room for improvement but thanks to the OFC Bootcamps my fitness is already improving in such a short space of time. It CAN be done, and if I can do it, seriously ANYONE can do this. Finding the motivation to begin is very tough, starting to move an untrained body feels near impossible and trying to get fit being so very unfit, feels frustrating physically and mentally. The boot camp team bonding does help, and you feel shy, silly and useless in the beginning. All I can say is I am very proud of every improvement and this I feel, is just the beginning.

I didnt do any cleaning tonight, it was shower and bed for 10pm. I went to sleep at 10pm on Saturday and I woke fresh and full of the beans this morning, so Im hoping for some more of that feeling tomorrow morning. And tomorrow is boot camp day, week 3 day 1, so I need all the energy I need.

Well done me, yet again : )




No comments:

Post a Comment