Popular Posts

PS Gym Buddies

I had to share this with you ... Ive been receiving more and more emails and requests for help from friends, friends of friends and anonymous strangers, all very exciting. Occasionally I receive some true gems, and sometimes very amusing .....


I have a good friend, who lives overseas (from Dubai that is ...) who emailed me over the weekend - he had been reading my blog and identified with some of my embarrassing moves in the gym. He is very funny, motivated and has gone through a massive change to his lifestyle and health and fitness and is looking seriously buff these days! I hope you dont mind that I anonymously share some of your words, as you lightened up my day when I read this and I know many more people will identify with your gym experiences :


"Had to chuckle at your blog as I'm sure I look a right twat doing some of the things my trainer makes me do. I was doing 'the bazooka' yesterday with a large rubber drainpipe thing lunging and hoisting this thing onto my shoulder, firing skuds into the neighbouring office building... Then, oh so versatile, shimmy side step, side step (ok I shimmy in my head) and swoosh it's now a jolly hockey stick!! I wouldn't mind so much if this area is tucked away in the corner of the gym but oh no, right there in the middle on the walk to the changing rooms.. With the slap, slap, bam! Of the boxing I might as well set up a popcorn stand nearby for free entertainment... I just keep thinking that he knows what he's doing."


Thanks Mr-You-Know-Who-You-Are, youre such an inspiration and eternal thanks for all your encouragement, advice and funny emails sharing your experiences. Looking back to 9 years ago when we first me, me fresh of the boat from the Maldives and you a true Dubai expat, look how things have changed -who would ever imagine we had health and fitness in common?! Loving it xx

1 comment:

  1. You can buy or sell or rent various commercial spaces, lands, rooms on monthly rent, multiple units for sale, residential units for sale or rent, short and long terms of living or commercial space son for rentals as well. uae classifieds

    ReplyDelete