Popular Posts

8 October - Thank you LL : )

LL added these words to Facebook today with a link to this blog :


"Now I have been on a tripette or two with this young lady over the past 5 years and something happened on this weekend's tripette for the 1st time ever which was absolutely awesome. She went to the gym on both days (today on her own) while the rest of us sat on the beach. Well done. You have made MASSIVE progress since 1 Jan. So proud of you!"


Yep, thats me she's writing about! And I feel very proud right now, I did impress myself but it was actually more than that.


On Friday morning, I decided that I would wear my gym clothes and trainers to travel for the weekend away otherwise I may not make it to the gym, this seemed like my only focus on the subject - 2 cars, 6 friends, lots of drinks packed (some gathered on the way), lots of silliness and laughs planned too. I also decided to try out my new Reebok blue zigazigaaa trainers (ZigBlaze walking/running shoes supposed to be good for stability - I chose well without even knowing, they felt right when I tried them on) :






We arrived, we checked in and the rooms were not ready for us - 4 went to the pool, 2 went to the gym. Over an hour later, we felt good (4 chilled, 2 buzzing and a bit sweaty). I felt better as the new trainers had supported my right ankle, and I felt more confident. Not yet ready for star jumps or running but definite progress. 


I then felt at ease to eat and drink whatever I was going to consume. Im 200% sure that my calories exceeded my calorific burnings, however I felt happy knowing that (1) I reduced the effects of the party weekend and (2) I increased my metabolic capacity to burn off the large excess of the weekend and (3) I felt mentally positive, happy and confident.


After the partying of Friday night, I  dreaded the Saturday morning after. I woke at 630am and didnt want to move my head, just in case. My daily alarm went off at 715m (ooops sorry LL! I cant believe I forgot to switch it off). I then woke at 9am, LL was still sleeping (thats a first, but that lady was knackered, you did well girl!). I didnt move much, just my arms and fingers as I got in touch with the other 4  party peoples. 2 were awake, the other 2 were about to wake up. I decided to move, and I didnt feel too bad. In fact I felt only a little tired (to be expected). The first thing in my mind -" its only because I went to the gym yesterday and my body was prepared to process all the crappy food and drinks". Mind you, I was still pretty chuffed I had steak, spinach and veggies for dinner, along with the mojito! 


Breakfast was a non-bread event, the only carbs was the fresh orange juice - that also helped the pending hangover. I remembered how I felt after eating bread the 2 times over the last 2 weeks, I was impressed I remembered BEFORE eating the stuff. Seems the pre, during and apres "black outs" are reducing, which is great news : ). 


Then the next debate began - how can I fit the gym into the days schedule? LL suggested I just wait and see how I feel later and then decide. It was a lazy day on the beach after all. The weather was perfect, we all lay on our sun-beds, the sun was out, the sky was blue (so was one of the male guests who decided to strip naked in front of everyone at the side of the path between the villa gardens and the beach, and struggled for a few mins oblivious to the sniggers around him as we saw lots of his wrinkly saggy bum cheeks, then he bent over .... enough said already!), the breeze was perfect, we were all recovering and chilling together. A perfect bunch of friends around me. And all I could think of was "I wonder what my mate is doing at the gym today ......". This is the mate I go to the gym with every Friday and Saturday morning. I was missing my new routine. I was fidgeting, and twitching and I wasnt relaxing as much as I thought I would be. The old me had gone. It was in with the new. I had to do it.


Off I trotted to the gym, alone, trying out some new gym clothes. A little tight but Im now seeing some changes in the mirror and appreciating them, its taken a while but Im getting there. Ive also developed more of the IDGAS attitude - I dont give a s&^% what other people see and think. Im oblivious to it all sometimes, and today was a good, positive day full of the IDGAS's! Another 1hr+ done. Thats at least 2.5hrs in the gym AND it was a party weekend with my lovely friends! Im liking "new".


LL was chuffed when I came back, bless her. Its like she had just seen her baby go to her first day at school and she didn't cry. Perhaps not the best analogy for anyone reading this who knows LL.......ha ha! I was chuffed, and again I felt positive about what I could eat for lunch. That choice seemed a simple and healthy one - the mixed mezze. Bearing in mind it was only AED55 for "a bit of everything", I incorrectly presumed small portions; also bearing in mind it was AED20 for each individual choice of each mezze, I presumed they would be larger portions. I still ate lots - hummous, moutabel, fattoush, tabbouleh, pickles, cheese sambosek, meat fatayer, add in a few potatoe wedges and some arabic bread, and I was done! Least it was better than a burger or the fried options. Anyways, Ive been to the gym the last 2 days ......... :).


So, now I commence 4/5 days of healthy eating to (1) detox from the weekends excesses and (2) prepare for my mind body and soul weekend with the Juicemaster team (www.juicemaster.com) in Turkey. I feel nervous, excited, anxious and impatient - I can only compare this to how I felt at Christmas and New Year as a child, that kind of anticipation that produces butterflies. And Im about to spend a week getting fitter and healthier in mind, body and soul with some like minded strangers. Im sure when I update my blog on my return these unknown people to me now, will be my like minded soul mates. I dont think anyone can go through a week such as this without making firm friendships and Im looking forward to meeting you all. 


So, as I start my 5 day countdown, Im still impressed that Ive changed my Emirates flight food option to "fruit platter" ...... I will of course let you know how that goes, though I already know that on this flight they will serve one of my fave foods and I bet its thai green curry!! But its OK, I can have heaps of the proper stuff next May for 10 days in Thailand when I see the real, true, gorgeous, slim, fit, healthy amazing NEW me that is just bursting to come out!


It feels good to end such a great amazing weekend full of great friends, fun, laughter, happiness and positivity. Goodbye weekend, hello fabulous week ahead.


PS Thanks to all those who have contributed to the new me, you know who you are - because of you, I made it over a big hurdle and they only get easier from here on. Big hugs : )

No comments:

Post a Comment