Popular Posts

18 October - 4 is my lucky number

4th day of the detox. I woke up feeling so much better than all day yesterday. Lights didint go out until well after 11am in our room, we were both having a right old chit chat and giggle, seems we felt heaps better once the 3rd day was over and we had the room heater on, and we were both snuggled under our electric blanket beds.

So the alarm went off at 640am, it took me less than 1 minute to move my ass out of bed. That effort alone usually takes between 30 and 60mins each morning, so this is a massive change. Maybe its cos I dont have work to go to however if I analysed that thought more (as I do regularly), I would always opt for work over exercise. To the extent that I would work longer and harder rather than doing the exercise. But hey, thats the old me now so no need to think too much about that thought!

I changed in the toilets so not to wake my roomie too much. Today Im wearing a very fitted white sports top from M&S (AED30 in the sale), this top was an optional choice for me as I didint think it would fit or I wouldnt be comfortable wearing it. I did wear it, I thought sod it. I feel better about my body image, its not perfect and its work in progress, but Im definitely feeling less bloated; and then who cares what Im wearing or look like. This is somewhere everyone is accepted as they are, as Kate said, its safe and comfortable to be yourself. It seems we all are. I had my usual long sleeved warm zipper top on, it was blowing a gale out there. My roomie MsA raised her head and asked what time it was, I said nearly 7 and she laughed and went back to sleep again.

I had a few sips of water and headed down the area where the stretch and abs was taking place, I was 3rd person there, thats a new thing too, I was early! It was a full class by the time everyone arrived. RAF Max was full of beans as always. We did lots of stretching - much needed, then on to the abs, I did as much as I could and I still feel that work as I write this a few hours later. OMG, I need to do more abs on a daily basis. Im getting so fab ideas on how to use my reebok gym balls (2 sizes, I must have know I would need them after this week). And all working on the abs AS I watch my twice weekly Holby City. Looking forward to that when Im back next week - the abs with the reebok gym ball AND Holby City catch up. Oh and X Factor too : )).

After that session I had a cup of chamomile tea and a chat with everyone; a revelation and a challenge with RAF Max was that I CAN be a morning person, I have no excuse with the lovely morning weather in Dubai - Ive now just set a challenge for myself to morning walk every week day, with nordic poles for min 20mins. If I can do that for the rest of my days I will be smiling all the way. After I relaxed for 20 mins, it was time for nordic walking at 815am ....

Yes, more NORDIC WALKING :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKTufkzpo8E

Off we set, it was sooo cold I had to pull the sleeves of my jumper over my hands. I felt good in my newly fitted white sports top underneath, I began to really feel the loss on my body, not just here the last few days but since January. I felt less wobble. Though I didnt forget the wobble of fat on my back and ass when I was leaning forward last night doing the T Jumps. The wobble was more off putting than the muscle pains. If I ever I need reminding of the fact Im still not there yet, a few T jumps should sort that out quite quickly! On a nordic walk, it gets easier the more you try it. I find it easy to do this, which is possibly why I like it so much, its a replacement to running, though I would like to get back to doing some running after the 6-9mths recovery of the ankle is complete. That recovery time will be reduced vastly by daily juicing. No need to over think or anayse that thought process, thats an easy one!

We walked downhill, down down down .... more down down down, then more down down down, it was a killer on my legs, got a bit of shin pain and yesterday I dropped a 3kg weight on my right toes - another injury to the right food. The toes arent as numbas I thought the were, I still felt THAT! Now I have a damaged and injured middle toe and broken toe nail, split right down the midd;e, dead central. Dead painful walking down hill! I was worried at one point, cos I knew we HAD to come back up at som point. This walk was called the Loop, I shouldve known that. Soon we were at the lowest point in the hills and mountains of lovely green Gocek. I cant remember the last time I heard tress make that lovely calming noise in the wind. Lovely. Still freezing cold but the wind had dropped and I had warmed up a bit. At one point I felt I was hiking up Everest, as we turned a corner to another downhill bend we were in the shade and the wind was howling. Thankfully that didnt last too long.

We kept going until we reached the lowest point. Then we were told it was uphill, maybe 2kms, maybe 2.5km, maybe 3kmish. Ok lets just stick at 3kms and if its less then great. It was really uneven on the way up, a bit wobbly on the feet, went over on the ankle a few times but nothing major. Amazed it can still hurt with a few judders over the right side. Thank you Reebok Zigblaze trainers, you have saved me many times now. Thank you Outlet Mall!! I had to stop several times, my elgs hurt and my back hurt. I had LL in my head all the wat up - "Youve got more left than you think you have, keep going, youve got another 20% (or was it 50%) to give, keep going, you can do it, all her words of encouragement and belief in me was now ringing in my ears. With Amy (Kate's sisters) help, MsA and I made it to the top of the climb (the walk fomr yesterday) and we stopped for some water, and a quick rest in the sunshine. I took off my jacket, here I was in my tight fitted white top without a care in the world. It felt good.

On the last climb up the drive to "base camp" I got my mojo back. Especially at the last bit, I knew as soon as I had got past the blue car I was home, just a few more steps. Checking the pedometer it read 10.56kms but I had worn it since I woke up this morning, so Im thinking that was a 10km walk I completed in 2hrs. Now I know what 10kms feels like, I can improve on flat ground AND with nordic poles of my own. After Ive completed this blog Im ordering online so they will be in Dubai when I get back. Bloody marvelous. I will email the club so I can get a few one on one sessions booked it. So if you see someone walking with poles looking a bit out of place but without a care in the world around Safa Park, from next week, youve found me :). Come and join me too.

10am brekkie juice time - my fave apple, carrot, lomon and ginger WITH banana. Yummmmmmmy! I was ready for that. Now Ive blasted this morning I dont feel bad about taking it easy until this afternoon. Minimum its bootcamp circuits with RAF Max (wish she was working in Dubai too!), however Im planning a pre bootcamp nordic walk with the lovely Sally - I missed her body pump session after the 10km walk this morning but there was no way I would have survived that. Though I did  hear a fave tune playing - me and LLs skydiving tune :

Im now skipping through my ipod to find it and give myself and further energy boost. As I search I find a song by David Guetta called "Juice". Cant find that one on youtube yet ....

Everyone seems happier today, there is a sure thing on that 3rd day detox. Ive regained my sense of humour, Ive regained what feels like my sanity (a clear move away from the clouds and foggy head of yesterday). I feel less hungry, I feel like I have more energy to do more today. Im on a boat trip tomorrow so will miss a the afternoon relaxation but hopefully not too much of the activities. For now, Im happy to warm up, stay warm, if its warm enough I will sit in the sun. Another juice is due shortly.

At 1030am today I had walked/moved 10.25km and burned 756 calories. On a very odd note, and I have to mention it as a few people have asked me - I had a few "toilet" moments on Sat, Sun and Mon, however as of now I would say the proper clear out comes after the 3rd day - that 3rd day is a killer. Now Im beyond cleared out. Sorry to mention for those who dont talk toilets, you better not read beyond here then ....
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Today it smelt like cow poo - the summer day sort! Have I been eating grass the last few days ha ha. Must be all that vile super green food. Just the process of fruit and greens through the system. Oh well, it can only be positive and reduce the belly further.

To be continued later today. Thanks everyone for your words of encouragement and motivation, your words ring round my head as I do the exercises, trust me they help me loads. Big warm snuggly hugs, especially LL and someone I cant mention on here - you know who you are, I will see you Sunday evening!!! I would never have done any of this stuff unless you gave me the motivation and tools to be capable. Im going to need you both more when Im back, theres no stopping this stubborn scottish girl now : ))).

No comments:

Post a Comment