Popular Posts

20 October - 5XL becomes M

What a gorgeous afternoon, Im now wishing I had chilled every day for a few hours like this. I had to keep moving my sunbed into the sun, my Dubai blood was cold in the shade. I had some quality moments chilling with my lovely roomie. In fact the whole group are lovely, everyone chilled in their own space, there were no apparent little groups, everyone just seems to be getting in perfectly. What an amazing bunch of people, what a pleasure to be here.

I was getting in tune with natue, enjoying the beautiful mountains, breathing the clean fresh air, admiring the clouds - we dont get many like that in Dubai. I was on my laptop typing away, I did ask the peeps beside me if it was ok - this was a relaxing retreat time after all.

The weather was great, amazing that a few days ago we all felt miserable on our 3rd day and the weather was equally as miserable. Im feeling a sense of peace and calm, Ive missed that feeling for a long time, or did I ever have this inner calm ever? This is a feeling I would like to hold on to for a lot longer than this week ...

Then it was time to settle our bills and place some orders. Its a little complicated getting delivery to Dubai - about GBP70 complicated. So Ive placed my order and had it delivered c/o my dad. Hoping it will be cheaper by courier than by Royal Mail post - at least I can now order my Leki Nordic Poles and have them delivered the same way. Such a shame as Dubai isnt exactly middle of nowhere!!

As I was ordering I selected a tshirt - why not wear my running on juice with my nordic poles once I get home, sounds like fun and people will definitely know who I am if Im seen walking around Safa Park ... ha ha! Encouraged by roomie MsA and Kate, I tried on the tshirts. I looked at the ladies Xl, teeeeeny weeny, whats that all about!? So I looked at the mens Xl. It looked huge. Large also looked huge. I wanted a tshirt that I wold get some wear out of, just not for a few weeks. Im obviously feeling positive about my weight loss continuing after this week to have thoughts like that. I had to have more encouragement, but I tried on the mens medium. OMG it fitted and it wasnt horrendous, even wore over my flowery black sun dress and no bra! MsA ran to get my camera, I followed her outside, model poses in the tshirt followed. I was very amused and very happy. I like M. I prefer it over other letters. Could I ever be in a S? Its a far cry from my first ever OFC Bootcamp tshirt - 5XL. I will keep that one item for when I reach my goal by May next year. LL, thats going to be a moment to remember. January now seems a long long time ago.

Wow, I feel fabulous. I think its time to choose my Leki nordic walking poles. Sallys OK nod sorted, MsA wants to order the same poles. Sally youve started a craze here in Dubai and in Lake Como - I can just see MsA nordic walking in her posh way in Milan :). Yep, ordering is easy, delivery to Dubai is a nightmare. However, Im very excited about the fitness "paws" I have found, accessory shopping has never been as exciting as this. Thanks always Sally xx.

Juice demolished. Retail therapy sorted (well almost, at least window shopping), time for our LAST BOOTCAMP with Max soon. I feel a tinge of sadness takes over me. Sort it out lady! Get a grip and just enjoy the session. Is this a little pang of endorphin induced emotions, good god! Yippee and whoop whoop. Sadly, I passed on the last nordic walk, but I wanted to save myself for the bootcamp. I can do the walking when Im home, I cant take Max home ha ha!

Ive just absolutely loved Max's bootcamp circuit sessions this week, all of them. Even the early morning 7am sessions. I wish I could stay here for a lot longer, this week has passed too quickly. With those thoughts in mind, we were soon warming up. And what a warm up. Do you remember at school, when you stood in a line, and passed a ball either above your head, or between your legs and then the person at the back run to the front and started the process all over again? Anyone know what thats called? Ha ha. We had such fun with this warm up, we were all cheering each other on, competing against the other team, squealing like kids, it was great fun, fabulous fun! I could have done that for hours and hours. Where was all this energy coming from!? I didnt care, I was happy happy.

We discovered where Sergei cooked his food - over the wall from where we were doing our evening bootcamps. All week we thought it was our soups being cooked. How wrong we were. Today everyone was distracted by the smells. I thought it smelled nice but I wasnt bothered by it. It must have been odd for Max, she kept explaining what we were to do, but hardly anyone was listening. Some people were going mental over the smells. MrsM peeked over the wall ... oops! I just wanted to do the bootcamp...

I gave the session my best. I gave it my all. The music was great. I had decided at the beginning of the week that I would run on this last session, regardless of how my ankle was feeling. I didn't care if I was sent home in a wheelchair, I was just elated that I had done so much this week, more than I ever had done before, the couch potato was outside in beautiful weather moving her ass. A lot of ass moving and it wasnt all wobble! We were in pairs and I was with MsG, a gorgeous lady, we were well matched. As we swapped between exercises, there was  lot of high fiving going on, it felt like great team work. I started off walking on the gravel, fast walking. I was swinging my arms proper nordic stylee. Then I went for it, it wasnt a fast run but it was a run. I was careful on the turns. I havent run for a loooong time.I felt a major difference and improvement in my fitness. With each evercise, I noticed and improvement, moreso press ups and sit ups. Im liking the fact that I was enjoying, absolutely over the moon, about exercise. Being outside in this environment makes all the difference. Im still happy happy.

On the last exercise, the music changed. Tai Cruz and Kylie Minogue. My song. My skydiving song that has become just my energy boosting, motivational song. It was perfect timing. I was singing as I completed my last few steps. My ankle held out, I had a little plain but I cold live with it. I had done it. One week at bootcamp. I felt sad, an emotional sad inside to my (fitter) core. But its OK, I can come back again next year. Maybe 2 weeks next time. Thats it, 2 weeks would be even better than this. Then  remembered, I still had one more morning session tomorrow. Oh well, thats alright then!

I skipped back to my roomie MsA. I didn't know what to do with myself. There was only one option, soup! Soup and a movie "Food Inc". What an amazing day, what a fabulous week.

I didnt want to sleep, cos that would mean tomorrow would arrive. But its OK, Ive achieved so many things this week. In fact, Im now thinking about my weigh in on Sunday. What will those scales read? I know its only going to be good news.

Friday is calling me, everyone has gone to sleep - with or without sleeping pills. I missed the drug scene through the whole of my life, I may as well continue to miss it. But how come I was the last know my roomie was he sleeping pill supplier? Ha ha

No comments:

Post a Comment