Popular Posts

17 October - 3rd Day Detox catchup

My alarm went off at 630am as planned. I had been dozing since 5am, but I didnt want to wake up. I heard the rain - yuck, I dont do rain or any wet stuff. I felt like shite. I went to the loo, and went back to bed again. I decided not to go for the early moring stretch and abs and classical rebounding. Instead I would make it for 915am bootcamp session.

Things rarely totally go to plan. I got up at 830am, decided I would drink a hot cup of tea with ginger - camomile this time. Steve and MrT were chatting in the lounge area. The kitchen girls were pottering around. I thought nothing of the quietness. Then I saw the white board - the one that outlines each days activities. Rain ruined play for sure. The abs and stretch had occured but was extended to end at 750am. Classical rebounding was cancelled and the walk was moved to around lunchtime-ish. Worst of all the bootcamp session had been changed to 845am to 945am. I decided against joining half way through, I wasnt quite feeling up for it all. I still felt like shite but not as bad as at 630am.

So I sat and drank my tea, chatted to the boys, then my roomie appeared and we chatted some. The room was set up for the juicing demo by Kate but first some juice of our own. I needed that today. This morning I woke up with a rumbling in my tummy, though when I lie on my back my stomach is flatter, and Ive found some hip bones, they werent there before!

The juicing demo and talk was great, but I really didnt feel good. Maybe this is the worst part that Kate had mentioned before - the 3rd day is the worst then after this we will be fine. Heres hoping and the cold goes away soon. The juices are the best thing for this bloody cold, so Im grateful for this. I still cant stay awake, I feel so tired. As I look around the room, everyone looks tired, so we must all be going through the same dreaded 3rd day of the detox. The weather matched out mood - it continued to rain and was grey clouds everywhere. In fact we are actually in the clouds - 1000ft above sea level. Theres no quick escape to get some food and beverages from here ...

It was then decided that today would be the day for the turkish bath trip - 8 of us volunteered our skin, bodies and soul to the techniques of Borat - I need to source a photo to show you all. After a long car journey down in a car that was on a par with a Trabant, we arrived. After changing and getting into the steam room, where 8 of us were heared like cattle, we eventually entered the main arena. And there was Jay Leno working alongside Borat. What a combination. There were 4 people ahead of us so we sat and watched them, a weird thing to do really. Once huy should have been jucing, another woman had a body to die for even though she looked late 60s.

Then it was our turn. MrT the only guy in our group disappeared at one stage, I thought he had done a runner but he came back (a little birdie may have mentioned the word sneak and crisps but that was 2rd hand ...). Only a few slaps later we were all scrubbed, showered, lathered in soap and massaged and showered again. I had no choice to have my belly massaged, despite my pathetic disagreement! Was well worth the time away from "base camp", though the weather remained terrible. I got in the first car heading back, I was really feeling peculiar now, but I think the steam room and sweating helped a lot.

Arriving back to the hotel, there was a juice waiting for us, a green gloopy one. I didnt care what it was, it was food and I needed energy to survive the rest of the day. I missed nordic walking again, but I mamaged the bootcamp circuit session with RAF Max. Glad I did, as even though I was feeling way of balance and very not myself, I sweated my way through the session. At the end she played this song :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UK9vz_kGjQU

As we stretched to this song, I started to feel emotional. I wanted to sob and sob but I didnt want to make a fool of myself. Maybe thats all the emotions I needed today. Maybe taking control of that emotion was what I needed to do to prove to myself I can control my eating habits, stay disciplined to a life of juicing and to be so very very proud of what I have done this week and for the last 10+ months. I do feel different and I do look to the future. Earlier in the day, this morning when I was sat outside drinking my tea as I missed the morning session,  I listened to Adele singing that song about someone like you ... you know the onw I mean, and I was in tears then, but I managed to pull myself out of it. It reminded me of letting someone go and the words were suddenly very personal. But I didnt want to look to the past, only the future. However, at that moment at the end of the afternoon boot camp session, all I could think of was my hot shower.

Then soup - we all got excited earlier in the day when we saw potatoes being peeled. OMG it was like one of my Grans veggie broths. Seriously these soups save my sanity. Though tonight as I stepped into the lounge, it was hot and I felt sick, music was playing, everyone was talking in many different conversations. I had to eat my soup outside. It was cool and peaceful and I more or less had that space to myself except for the few nutters running in and out of the sauna and the freezing cold pool! I had my 2nd bowl of soup inside and we started to watch a movie - that one, something about the void, where he has to chop himself away fomr the ice mountain to escape. OMG by brain cells are disappearing again! I managed only 30mins then it was time for massage no 3. This time sports massage but not so tough. It was fine and not very tough, my 4th will be full on tough massage, Now Im a sports woman, as indicated on my deoderant bottle! I remind myself every day of that, my own private funny!

Tea and the last 30mins of the movie, I missed the gory bit thank god, and back to my room on my laptop. And here I am. 1040pm, Im still with cold but its improving tons, Im feeling sleepy and ready for a good nights sleep, my roomie and I have had a few giggles tonight, both of us sat in bed with electric blankets on and I love her as she keeps the radiator on warm. Fabulous/

Now that detox day 3 is out of the way I can re-find my sense of humour and energy levels again. Roomie is alos getting over her tough 1st few days and shes doing good, less sleeping today and more smiles. This was never going to be easy and I knew I would have to push myself. Day 4 tomorrow, alarm set for 640am. Will tell you tomorrow what I achieve and Im proud of then. Night night xx

No comments:

Post a Comment