Popular Posts

19 October - The Love Boat

We left the retreat about 1030am, drove down that gravelly drive. I decided there and then that I would not attempt any more walks down there, what with that ankle of mine, I was only tempting fate. Instead, I was dedicating myself to the remainder of the bootcamp circuit sessions, every single one of them until I left the hotel. And get some time out to relax and let nature heal the injury.

And chilling we did. Gocek looks a pretty little coastal town. First up we noticed the now famous "Kebab Hospital" as advised by Yoga Steve. Oh how we laughed, some just groaned. Thankfully there were no cooking smells. We boarded a fabulous boat chartered just for us. I was anxious about walking the narrow plank, but I managed it limp and flip flops and all. A quick change from my jeans and warm clothes into the sundress (swimming cossie already in position) , and I was ready to enjoy the afternoon. I used the ice immediately and raised my legs on some cushions. We all had a bed each - perfect for 8. I squeezed alongside the lovely young couple, MsJ and MrG - 2 great people, such fun and positivity, and brave of them for coming on a retreat holiday like this together at such a young age. I salute you :).

I was feeling very happy all afternoon, the views of Turkey, Gocek and its surrounding hills and greenery took my breath away. I loved every minute of that trip, and I loved the company of everyone sharing the same experience. It was a great opportunity to see more of where we were staying, and take some time out. I didnt experience the clear blue and green waters, Im still thinking there will be a shark that finds me or something similar, best keep myself safe in the boat. Then there was the issue and challenge of me trying to get back ON the boat, best stay on the boat and not go there - a more enjoyable day out.

We all chatted and laughed and shared pics, we took some pics of each other for the first time, it hasnt been a piccied kind of holiday up til now. A few here and there but mostly of our surroundings. Our conversations predicably covered food but we were focusing on healthy food and how to continue this healthy journey after we have left the retreat. As if we were heaidng off out into the big wide world for the first time. But this time we knew we had found some friends who shared our goals and beliefs. I love my juicey friends :).Everyone of us are inspiring and motovational, everyone has a goal and a purpose and we are giving ourselves a great gift by being here this week.

We were served fruit - and oh what a gorgeous plate of food this was. My lovely MrsT had told me that the fruit in Turkey is the best and she wasnt wrong there. We had grapes, peach (scrummy), apple, pear and melon. I left some but had more apple and pear. It was heaven on a plate on a boat full of lovely people.

The few hours slipped away quite fast, and before we knew it, we were heading back to land. I took a fair few piccies, will add some later once I know how to upload them quickly. We will all share emails before we leave so we can share pics and keep in touch.

On the journey back, it was lovely to see again the forest and nature that surrounds us. Good t be grounded again. I miss this living in the desert, I wanted to suck it all in and keep it with me. A few piccies out of the minibus window would have to suffice along with m vivid memories.

Back at base camp, I got changed, had a juice and got ready for Max's mat session.An easy session it was on the ankle, I was very pleased. It couldnt have been more perfect for and my injury. I felt stronger, fitter and healtier. Again I loved the feeling of a flatter tummy whilst lying in my back. I had to untie my reebok trousers so that I could tighten then as they were falling down on some of the exercises. The music is great, so are the people around me, and where I am. Life is good. Im not giving in or up. Im fighting my way forward.

Some delicious soup later, and a hot shower, I rewarded myself with a sports massage with Sergei. 50 mins of sports pampering. I returned to the lounge to the laughter of the evenings activity - Pictionary. I love that game, however I needed that massage tonight. Bed time, so I returned to my room and my roomie for more girlie giggles. MsA is doing amazing. Today was her 5th day with no ciggies. 5 is her lucky number. Shes done it, shes got through her lucky day and shes moving onto her 6th day of being a healthier, fitter lady. We love listening the the 3 girls next door, we cant hear WHAT they say but we hear the infectious laughter every few mins before the silence kicks in. We both giggle with them, then its time for our sleep. oops past 11pm again, alarm set for 630am, I better wake up for my morning session :)

No comments:

Post a Comment