Popular Posts

16 October - Part 2

Its now 17 October, again sat in my  bed warmed by the electric blanket. Yesterday now seems so long ago, this morning seems long ago. Thats the effect of the fresh air...

The funniest thing is that everyone tries to avoid it but ALL conversations get back to food - in detail. We have discussed different curries, our personal vices, good old Sunday roasts, bacon butties far more than I care to recall, crips, fave chocolate, all types of bread .. you get the picture. Someone says one word, then the rest of the group moan as if we are being tortured. But we all came here knowing that. Well, MOST of us did - a few people here just booked up and turned up without reading and reaearching and knowing what they are in for - MrT being one of them. Now I heard a rumour there were a tube of Pringles demolished Friday evening and you are missing from the bootcamps ..... :).

So yes, Sunday afternoon.

I opted out of volleyball. I just have this feeling that if I keep playing Im going to do something small, silly but painful to my ankle. Its just not worth the risk. I mostly came here for the botcamp session and the walking. Will come back another week for the yoga and pilates. Lucky, we had 2 sessions with Steve though. Bonus.

Next up, bootcamp circuits with RAF Max! She knows her stuff and how to make it interesting, Ive never known exercise to be soe creative. And she makes us sweat. Thankfully there is some good background music. I was pleased as there were some boxing circuits - 3 in fact. We were in pairs working round each circuit, 1 or 2 mins on each one - covering all muscles and areas of the body. As it was starting to rain, or threatening to piss it down, we did this under cover with the protective sides down. This at least made us al feel a little warmer. The exercises are explained as easy, intermediate and advances - sometimes super advance as a 4th option in my opinion. I opt mostly for the easy level so that I can do more repititions or due to my ankle I cant do the intermediate level. No matter what anyones fitness levels, everyone would take something away from these sessions. This is what I came for. I like it - so say Max ...!

I decided against the nordic walking - a bit of the fact that I was feeling really shite as a cold was coming on. I had felt it the night before when I was having my massage - the razor sandpaper at the back of my throat and the coldness at the back of my nose. I also didnt want to slip on the stones and hurt my ankle. Again, to be safe so that I can enjoy the rest of the week and make the most of the experience.

The juices are good though I personally dont like the greener ones, but I know they are doing me good.This I know for sure. We watched a movie called "Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead" - an amazing story and more. If that doesnt reinforce trust in the juicing I dont know what will.

http://www.fatsickandnearlydead.com/

The soups are totally the highlight of the day, feels like a huge warm hug and I feel safe. I also know its the sign that the day of exercise is over. Until tomorrow. Bed time for 930pm, alarm set for 630am, time to sweat this head cold out of my system. End of another fabulous and life changing day at the Juicemaster Retreat.

No comments:

Post a Comment