Popular Posts

14 October - In the words of Usher O M G!

I reached over 5000 views!!! OMG! JUST in time for my arrival to the Juicemaster RAF Bootcamp retreat in a few hours. Ok, most of those views arre most likely LL ....... however, its a great milestone and motivation for me. Someone somewhere is reading this stuff. Wow! Thats so amazing, and perhaps many wasted hours when you could all have been doing some exercise and moving .. only, kidding! ; )

I dont have much to report so far. Im sat waiting at the domestic terminal at Ataturk Airport. Drinking juice - carrot and orange with a few almonds to keep me going. A bottle of spare water as I had to ditch mine before security - I keep forgetting the security measures in Europe, especially Turkey at the moment. Dubai has allowed me to slip in a few bottles over the years ... says a lot! Ive already demolished 1.5l of water today so at least I know I will be walking about this flight more than usual! Thanks goodness I was given an aisle seat - I did check, though Im looking forward to the day when I feel comfortable and small enough to be sat in a middle seat without worrying about shared spillage above and below the arm rests ...

So many things about travelling remind you of weight, size, and everywhere we are surrounded by all the bad stuff, far too many temptations - now I get why Jason Vale allows himself "airport days" ..more on that later. At checkin, at excess bagge, at security check at the entrance to the airport - has anyone ever used those metal measuring bagagge thingys!!??

Here is my current view :


Everywhere carbs carbs cars, add in some sugar, honey and choclolate, the Carb Kings job is done. And back to my juice ....

I woke this morning to rain, at first I felt a bit "ufffff" then I was reminded by LL that Im traveling south - this always means leaving the bad weather for good sunny weather. Like when I was a kid and we left Glasgow for Southend for the summer to spend with our UncleH. And the roads were orangey-pink and not grey. Wondering of Gocek will have sunshine and orangey-pink roads?

Im sat here just thinking about the week ahead. I certainly wouldnt have done this a year ago or anytime during the last 39 years (pre 10yrs would have been a little premature and ma and pa wouldnt have let me holiday in my own, probably a good plan with me at that age ....) - I think I did actually book this in Feb/March, to boost my last quarter weight loss. Shame Ive been off path for 7mths due to injuries but Im so proud Ive kept going, Small steps, baby steps, it all makes a difference in the end. Today Im making HUGE steps in many ways, mostly cos Ive got on a new pair of shiny black rainers. Its like wearing your white pumps to school at the beginning of the year. This time Im happy for them to use their shine, means Ive used them well over the week ahead (and beyond ...).

So back to the weighin - my bags were weighed. They were excess! I got 4.5kgs free and had to pay for the remaining 3kgs. Only cost me TL9. Notquite sure how much that is but it was marinally less than my taxi from the airport and double the tip I paid the luggage boy yesterday ... he carried the bags and didnt wheel them, though they have 360 wheels. Maybe he was trying to impress me, I did get his name and a wink, and I got free internet from his mate. The Turkish boys remind me of the Arab boys a lot .. bit charming at first, always a cigarette in hand, bad drivers, eyeing up all the ladies, honking their horns, trying to show off how manly they are .... Im going to pass on all points. However, the Turkish language reminds me of the Russian language. I asked what Thank you was in Turkish and the reply was "Thank You" .... OK!?!

From here on in, there are no weighins for 10 days, there are no negative thoughts, only positive, happy, motivating ones. Im heading to that library for spositive reading and matched with a package of 5 massages, Im going to get in lots of me time. Thats the plan. Thats the idea. Though  I bet Im going to be chit chatting all week instead. I look forward to meeting my fellow juicers.

In the words of my lovely friend MrsEC, "can I get a whoop whoop"!

No comments:

Post a Comment