Popular Posts

15 October - part 2

Then there was more juice – my fave – apple, carrot, lemon and ginger. What a reward, I felt a million dollars!
Next up – yoga. We are very lucky as Steve is the yoga guru – Scottish fabulous guy, and he has done his 2 weeks working at the retreat and leaves on Monday. He wasn’t supposed to be working this weekend but as we were all oohing and aahing over yoga and saying how much we would love to do some yoga, he put on a session today. It was a taster session and made me realize I really need to get back to yoga when home, even if just once a week. My core is stronger, even if the right foot and leg is wobbly, but I feel I could make better attempts at yoga the next time round compared to before. My body is moving in the right direction and is ready for it now. Steve was a great teacher, so bendy but he also had an alternative way of teaching, he has a great sense of humour and he MUST start doing the belly dancing classes next time!!! Im up for that if I can move my non wobbly ass like that for even 5 seconds! Thanks Steve, I know we all look forward to your 2nd and last extra lucky session tomorrow, with an extra-long relaxation session too. Yep, yoga is essential for me on my return to Dubai. Gems of Yoga here I come – they are great as they are open really early morning (6am I think) until about 10pm.
Volleyball! I played it, I wasn’t really keen but was great fun once we were going. The size and way the court was built was a bit restrictive, and there were 6 players. However it was fun and  recalled many good school year memories – our woodwork teacher was also the volleyball teacher!  I loved volleyball and woodwork equally. Shame the English system didn’t support the transition into Carpenter!
We lost at volleyball, but we were the better players ; ) ha ha! Once the ankle is strong and 100% sorted, I will play it the next  time I come to the retreat. Yes there are a lifetime of returns to the retreat planned, at least every 6 months. Yes it’s that good!!
After volleyball we had another juice – the 4pm juice. The juices are spaced out as 10am, 1pm and 4pm, soup is served from 6.30pm … the soups are amazing!
Next bootcamp – the reason I choose this week in the first place. Max works with the RAF and mostly with injured guys returning from service, so she knows a lot about injuries and rehabilitation. She also knows when someone can do more than they think! She is lovely, and sweet but at the same time motivational and pushy – in a good way, though she does need a new watch that counts actual 40 seconds and not her own version of. Doesn’t matter, that’s what we are here for – pushing ourselves and getting fit. We did circuits – a mix of toning exercises and aerobic exercises. I choose walking over running as I wanted to keep my ankle intact for the week ahead. There was even rebounding – my first experience though I did possess one for a few months a few years ago – was never used, though the intention was always there. Intention is really not enough though, not entirely on its own. It’s a social verb that needs to befriend other words like motivation, move, exercise, maintenance, strength, dedication … I could go on! It was great to be outside in the fresh air and to feel positivity enter my lungs. I know that sounds corny but that’s how  felt. If I had not worked hard in the gym the last 2 months or so, I would never have been able to do what I had today at circuits, maybe not even any of the other stuff.
Today I did approx 5hrs of exercise and movement, if not more. By bed time my pedometer read 748 calories. I couldn’t read the kms reading as it was dark. My roomie MsA is detoxing properly and sleeps a lot. Im creeping around a lot and as a result making far more noise than would if I walked and moved normally. What’s that all about!? Thankfully she sleeps with her ipod in her ears, hopefully that’s Jason Vale talking to her and her subconscious helping her give up the fags. As far as I can tell she hasn’t had one since yesterday – she had her last 2. She’s doing well, but I want her to wake up and come with me to the exercises. Poor love really. She’s an absolute hoot when she is awake.
I sleep feeling very satisfied and happy that I managed my first day. Getting to know everyone is a great process, some people have fascinating jobs (Energy Healer, Clairvoyant etc.), and some have major life or physical injury/health issue related stories. My Vit D injection drama and subsequent injuries are mild in comparison. What I am holding onto as I close my very tired eyes (2nd massage with Sergei, aromatherapy so quite mild, will be needing the sports massages the rest of the week), is that I am buzzing, I probably always have. Im happy, smiling, full of energy and positivity, Im enjoying myself doing something I would never have done never mind survived pre January 2011. The new has well and truly emerged, Im now floating not sinking, and when I reach the shore and that beautiful beach in May (technically I will be on Koh Phangan beach anyway), Im going to be one very satisfied, and happy lady. Then the stage of celebrating and living the next 40 years of my alive life will begin.
Can it get any better than this? Thanks you Juicemaster team already and my juicy colleagues. You’ve helped me realize many things but most important my potential. Don’t stress about the past – you can’t change it – focus on the future that you can change. And I am J

No comments:

Post a Comment