Popular Posts

14 October - Again - Introducing Juicemaster Retreat

I cant believe Im here! Ive been so excited about this for so long now. Christmas Day has arrived :).

Im sat in bed, under heated electric blankets, Im already smiling; dogs are barking somewhere close by, I may be needing the earplugs sooner. My missing in action roomie has appeared, bless her shes had a bit of an adventure getting here - Liverpudlian lass, full of beans and energy, shes going to be a good influence on me I can tell. Shes also currently having her last 3 fags before she gives up - I like her style, she has already requested the ipod with Jason Vales motivational words for tomorrow. I dont think that will be haded badk til we depart this beautiful location. I can help her give up the ciggies, Ive done that a few years ago. Win Win.

So here we are. Gocek. Let me go back to the beginning of the journey - well the one that left Istanbul earlier today. Turkish Airlines - I liked them. Comfy seats, tons of legroom, wide seats, not much excess above or below. No movies, but hey, its about 1.5hrs of flying time, nice food - mixed beans with tomatoes and lettuce, had the turkey and the tomatoes from the sandwich, left the sandwich. Left the nice looking almond cake in its wrapper. Had the apple juice and the water. They even have foot rests - Emirates, take note! As a result I was able to exercise my ankles, lovely stretch it was too.

We landed to blue skies and sunshine....

After picking up my bright pink suitcase, that matched my carry on, I met the rep and we walked from the domestic arrivals to the inernational arrivals. It was not the right time for my carry on pink case, pretty as it is, to stop functioning. Half mast I pulled it beside me, he had the big one - best option really. I had to swap sides. This was my first challenge and first lot of exercise.

After getting the cases sorted on the bus transfer, soon my fellow juicers were arriving. What a fab bunch of people already. 1 guy so far, surrounded by women, poor bugger. Thankfully there are a few other guys - not many, but they exist. A rare species this week on the retreat - 1 of them is the yoga instructor from last week (scottish, the homeland .. even if he is from Dundee, he is forgiven ...), another 1 is the massage man! more on that laters ...

We waited for a delayed flight and then we were on our way. Met Sally who is superfit for a living and she advised that she was doing Nordic Walking. Now I had seen the club in Dubai and thought what a load of nonsense. Now I take that all back, and begging forgiveness. Its PERFECT for me, better than fast walking and possibly better than running - well easier on the knees ankles and back thats for sure. I cant wait to get started on that!

On arrival we were early. In no time at all, I was in my room unpacking, in total amazement again that I actually possess so much fitness related clothes and shoes. And a whole suitcase full. 23.4kgs to be exact (plus a few kgs from the hand luggage).  The rooms are fabulous and Im loking forward to this being my home for the next 7 days (I will add pics later, took ages to even think about adding them this evening). I had a bit of a personal dilema - there is a single bed and a double bed. Was I nice enough to take the single and let the other unknown person just have the double bed? Or do I just take the double bed just like everyone else would? I opted for the Im first and therefore I get first choice decision making process. The sheets get changed on Tuesday. We can swap. If my roomies wants to that is .... Did I tell you there are electric blankets on the bed : ))!?

This place is truly beautiful and serene and so green. Ive lived far too long in the desert, I feel Im surrounded by colours - greeness everywhere. Im loving it. And there are some goats. I can hear the dogs. And a confused cockrel. And then theres the sound of the mosque .... However, there is a cat. Yeehaa! And hes lovely and overly friendly and loves everyone. Unless they are allergic ...... Apparently JV is allergic - isnt there a juice to cure that ; ).

As soon as I was unpacked, I was off for some water. Lots of water, even the tap water is great. My room is located right next to the kitchens and opposite the swimming pool! The cat also pops along this area too. The first thing on the list - Nordic Walking. All I can advise you is google it and read up about it. No worries if you dont because Im going to write about heaps in the week ahead. LL said to me before I left that I might find something Ive never tried before that becomes My Thing. There is a huge likelihood that Nordic Walking is my thing. Ive decided to stalk Sally the Nordic Walking trainer - lovely lady, full of beans too. That means 2 long walks every day - one in the morning and one in the afternoon/evening.

I will also be giving rebounding a try too - even though my physio said a definite no. Its been explained that I can do the early morning one at sunrise to classical music and just do calf raises on the legs and all the arm movements. Lets see how I get on, looks like that will be on Sunday morning.

Dinner was soup straight after the Nordic Walking Induction. 2 bowls of hot steaming veggie soup. Just what I needed. Its cold here after the sun sets. During the day its perfect sunny weather though perhaps a bit chilly for the Dubai expat! The pool is freezing though I will do the sauna-pool task at some point, perhaps, maybe, let me get back to you on that one!

I was the first name on the massage bookings - someone had to start first, lucky me got to choose the times. I choose evening sessions - 4 of them booked so far, may add a 5th in for good measure if there is still space. I had the first one this evening at 9pm - never had a proper sports massage before, all very new and good stuff. Just neck, back and shoulders today, from tomorrow, Im thinking more deep tissue to keep the muscles working.

Tomorrow is a lazy day until 1015am for juice, then 1030am for the Welcome, walking at 1215pm will be the 1mile walk down the hill then up it again - thats the test we apparently then repeat mid week and at the end of the week. A relaxing afternoon then a fitness workout with Max the RAF Instructor, then an educational evening. Maybe a sauna- pool. Definitely another masage. For sure some practice on the old nordic walking. Im going to get this sussed and do it well. I like the idea of my new thing.

Time for sleep, wonder if I should sleep well tomorrow and get up early when the activities are scheduled. Loving it! Cant wait til tomorrow xx

No comments:

Post a Comment