Popular Posts

19 October - Oops I did it again!

Now, I dont mind a bit of Britney, fair play to the lass, shes had her own ups and downs. But that frigging song was playing in my head yesterday. Yes, Oops, I did do it again. Two times in fact. And Im talking about the ankle.

I woke as normal at 630am, I should have know there was something up as I turned the alarm off thinking I was awake. Next thinh I knew, it was 653am. 7mins to get ready for RAF Max'a stretch and abs sessions. I didnt like missing my alarm. I didnt like being late for this 7am session. Who am I? Dont care, Im just loving that morning feeling :).

The session went great, I only missed a few seconds of the warm up. I can feel myself getting better at some of the exercises. Im no pro, Im still at basic mode but noone expects you to do more than you can or you want. Max is great at pushing you, but you can stop at any time you wish. The only issue is I dont want to pause, or stop, or delay. Exercise here is so much fun. Thinking of 1001 ways to kidnap Max and fit her in my already full suitcase!! Will get back to you on that one.

Next up, the green vile but super superfood shots. I knows its vile, maybe the more and more I drink it the easier it will get. Nah, ok, lets just say and agree its rank but its good for me and be done with it. No more complaints from me on this one again.

A little rest, still a tad disappointed Im not rebounding yet, but Im more than happy to get my ankle fit and ready in the next 6-9 months and really go for it on the next retreat - alreayd got 2 planned for next year. One with the friends (already MUCH interest from you lot, contain yourselves ploise!), and another with mum and hopefully little sis too - if I can drag her away from her gorgeous daughter and hubby for a week. Lets see how good my persuasive skills are. I think it would be great to get mum here, she has diabetes type 2 and I think IBS and I would love to give her the gift of a healthy life. I know she would also love the yoga and pilates, maybe not so much the bootcamp. But I did it, so if I can ANYONE can. Seriously, just as LL! So Im alread waiting excitedly for 2012 retreat dates, Nina I promise not to hound and stalk you too much.

Talking of stalking, NORDIC WALKING. I love Sally! If you believe like me that things happen for a reason, good karma and all that lovely stuff, I was meant to be here this week to meet Sally. I had several options to change the week and I nearly did due to the Vit D injection injuries and the subsequent ankle injury in August. However, I decided to go outside my comfort zone and go for the bootcamp week. Im sooo pleased that I did. I have moved my ass, I have smiled through some pain, I have pushed myself, and I have done more exercise in one day than I ever thought I would be able to cope with. Additionally, to have the glowing energy after the exercise too is such a bonus. The juices are the healthy medicine and cure, they are ensuring I can do this and hopefully lose weight too. This is exactly the boost I needed to get me through the last 3 months until New Years in Sydney with 2 fabulous friends. Girls, glad rags time is getting closer and Im going to have to wait to go on my shoppin trip, cos this (getting) little lady aint finished yet.

To keep things going, off I went again on a nordic walk.Pedometer in place on my hip, strategically placed water bottle in my zip up jacket, I was more or less the first one at the poles - nothing unusual there. I am officially a Nordic Nerd - been googling and researching the poles, Sally has approved the taveller carbon ones. Cant wait to get shopping, hoping they can be delivered to the UAE, cos I cant wait til Im back in December - Dad, just in case you get lots of deliveries for me, just chuck them in the car and dbring them with you in December, thanks Pops :).

And off we went. This was a tough one, uphill a lot of the way, but I found a rhythm. I wasnt trying to be the fastest, I wasnt trying to be in the lead, I was just trying my best to complete the walk in my pace. I feel Ive already improved since the first attempt, and it just gets better and better, easier and easier and more fun. LL, this is it, I keep saying it, but this is my thing. Whoop yay!

I was at the back with my roomie, MsA, I remember stopping at one point to admire the forest and how green and pretty it was. I didnt get much chance to look around as I am always watching the ground, checking how I need to go to ensure I avoid any potential accidents. A little further on after stopping, we saw everyone to our left going down and little rocky path. Then there it was, a quick twist and a famliar snap. I felt sick and my eyes watered, I leant forward and a bad word came out my mouth. MsA was lovely, but there is nothing to do in this instance. I didnt even want to sit down, I just wanted to let the pain drift up my ankle into my leg and disappear. I knew it would go away any minute. I was able to walk lightly on it and the nordic poles were a huge help. I went down the rocky path carefully, without poles and just took my time. Apparently we werent far from base camp. Then I took the poles back and within a few mins the ankle went over again. Worse this time, and another click. This time I lost it, the pain was immense but most was the panic and frustration that went with it. I cried, I tried to breathe but I struggled. Sally tried to get me to look at her and focus and all I wanted to do was sob. But I was breathing, the pain was horrible and I felt sick. Looking back, those sobs and cries were most likely all my emotions, that I like to keep in. Those 2 times I stiffled them, here they were. Altogether. Eventually I was ok to walk and I did so slowly. Sally and a fellow juices were amazing and so lovely, I held them back from zooming the walk. I continued without the poles and got back to base camp. Max and some ice was waiting. As I sat with my leg on its side up on the chair my left calf twitched like a snake under my skin very weird. Im thinking that the damaged nerves were suddenly coming alive, the pain must have kicked started this movement. Least I know they are still there.

Then I quickly got ready for the boat trip - time to rest all afternoon with that ankle, to be healed with some fabulous fruit on board. Ice packed with all my essentials, in the minibus into Gocek .....





No comments:

Post a Comment