Popular Posts

5 & 6 March - Mud Glorious Mud .. and other things disgusting

Morning world, you look pretty today. The Dead Sea may be dead in many ways (as I was informed yesterday by my Jordanian friend who was known by the hotel driver .. small country Jordan or SHE is just mega famous!)

Breakfast time - good start - I walked around that buffet 2 times, salivating over the meats, cheeses, hummous, breads, beef bacon (better than no bacon), chicken sausages (same as before ...) and all that cheese. I seleted a mixed fruit juice, 1 yoghurt and some fruit. And a cup of tea. Thats its, thats all I had. Why you may ask? Well, I needed to keep reasonably healthy for my planned run this evening before dinner. I decided this was the best time, my mate can shower and instead of lounging waiting for my turn for the bathroom I could go for my run. Sorted, plan in place, Im feeling good.

After (my healthy) breakfast we headed straight to the sea. A quick float in amongst everything dead (mate spotted a bone in the seabed, could have been a thigh bone! Back to the beach for our mud massages (smells vile BTW) and 5 mins dry off before a shower, then it was spa time. For me, Hammam. I need to lose this peeling skin from my dodgy Singapore tan, the body scrub last week didnt work, so Hammam it is. I allowed myself to be scrubbed beyond my pain threshold. It hurt, but hey maybe I could lose 1kg in skin!!? OK, it was JUST a thought.

Then it was lunchtime. Oops I ate the bread, 3 pieces with oil and balsamic. Im going to pay for this. At least I ordered the roca salad for starters and the salmon with veggies for main. I can jog this bread off later, no worries. 2 beers later we were done and back on the beach. FYI I dont recommend being scrubbed raw then dipping yourself in the Dead Sea, its going to hurt a bit, Ok a bloody lot! Oucha!! Late afternoon I started to feel stomach cramps. Bloody bread. I must be suffering from eating the wheat and yeast and carb diet offender. It has been a while since I ate it - actually I had some last week. Different bread I suppose.

The cramps got worse. I ate some alcoholic chocs to make me feel better. The job was off, I was in pain, feeling sick, not feeling too great actually. I managed a swim in one of the many pools, then home - bathroom. Something is not felling right. The 2nd bottle of bubbles was on ice, but I wasnt interested. I drank a shandy and ate some crisps. Im starting to feel worse now. Maybe its the beer, Im allergic to the beer. Nooo that cant be right! Ok, no more beer, and get ready for dinner please.

I made it through dinner with 4 trips to the bathroom and 2 pots of peppermint tea. I tried the local Jordanian wine, was nice but not that nice, I wasnt in the mood. I ate even though I wasnt in the mood, I was keeping my mate company (thats got to be THE worst excuse to eat ever ...). Now Im freezing too. (Its cold in Jordan in March, we didnt think or plan for that ha ha, idiots we are), time for bed.

I got to bed, for about an hour. This bread thing or beer thing has gone too far now. Its more than an allergic or intolerance reaction to something, this is food poisoning. Bugger it must have been the healthy stuff - salmon! I didnt get much sleep, but I enjoyed the lovely decor of the bathroom under the romantic light of the magnified mirror. and the toilet is badly designed, squeezed into a corner and the toilet seat slanted to the left. if I dropped the toilet roll, it rolled under the toilet, the floor was also on a slant. My bare feet squeaked on the cold marble floors, luckily my mate sleeps deep and doesnt wake easy! By sunrise, I think I totaled 2hrs sleep, yep this is definitely bad punishment for eating that bread at lunchtime. I wont be doing that again in a hurry. Water even wasnt my friend ......

No breakfast, a quick massage, packed and checked out, I had the 1hr ride to the airport. We stopped off at the Dead Sea product shop, I clenched my cheeks so much that Ive got Fergie's bum (BEP and not as in ex Royal Family I hasten to add...). I was OK, I survived the trip, now I had to just survive the flight home. NOt a nice airport to be waiting in, even the toilet attendant in the ladies sat smoking her ciggie and then threw it in the bin. Obviously not worried about H&S, fire hazards or doing her job.

I managed some apple juice, mashed pots and some carrots and peas but that didnt stick to my system long! Thankfully egate and a quick suitcase delivery meant I was home pretty sharpish. I was knackered, I had work tomorrow regardless of how I felt, at least its a 4 day week. At least I MUST have lost the weight I had possibly gained eating all the naughty foods on Friday and Saturday. Please let the Diet God look after me this week, I need to lose 2kgs to stay on my target. Otherwise, Im going to have to set my alarm to 6am every day for the net 2 weeks to squeeze in an early morning 2km run to make sure my metabolism kick starts again. Oh and eat the right foods .....

Thank goodness Im home, there is nothing like your own bed. Night night dont let the bugs bite (or make you sick!)



No comments:

Post a Comment