Popular Posts

24 March - Lots of pain, no gain : (

Ive not been on here for a few days, due to the fact Im out of action and will be for a while yet. As a result of trying to get healthy, I took the advice of the 2nd opinion Dr last week, and had a Vitamin D injection on Sunday evening. By Tuesday I was conscious of a severe sciatic type pain in my right leg from my right bum cheek - where the injection was given.

Yesterday morning, in the early hours I was woken with sever shooting pain all the way down my right side. Several (!) Ponstan Forte tablets later there was no improvement, in fact Id never felt pain like it. I called the Clinic where I had the injection as soon as they opened and waited for a Dr to call me back. During which time I made 3 attempts to have a shower, the pain was unbelievable. It then took me another 30mins to dry myself whilst rolling on my bed, drying my hair whilst lying down failed after several attempts, I was going to have to deal with a curly messy hair day. TBH, I really didnt care about the hair. The pain was getting worse and worse and no matter where I lay, where I moved, lay down, stood up etc, there was no escape from the pain. It took me 10mins to work out how to get on my underwear, it wasnt a pretty moment. And Im sure my neighbour above me thought someone was getting hurt!

The Dr called me back, offered me an appointment at 720pm, Through tears I advised I couldnt last the day. OK, an appointment at 11.20am, that gave me over an hour to get ready, and I knew it would take that long to get dressed. The taxi arrived, everyone else was busy. I dont like relying on other people anyway. I got in the taxi, advised him to drive slowly over the speed humps, of which there are several near my home. I think the taxi driver thought I was giving birth in the back seat with all he noises I was making. I arrived at the Drs, as I got out of the car I realised I had now lost ALL sensation down my right side, from my waist and I stumbled over my right food. It didnt hurt, but I felt the numbness.

I stood at the Drs, I didnt dare sit down, I didnt trust the power of my left side and I didnt want to feel any more pain. The tears were still coming. I would never make childbirth thats for sure, adoption all the way for me! How do you ladies do that kind of pain!!??? To summarise, after more tears and being told the Vitamin D injection had damaged some of the nerves and were now inflamed and infected, I was given my prescription, 2 days signed off work (that was going to go down well, not!) and told not to move or move as little as possible. To head to A&E and demand to see a neurologist. Or to go back Saturday if the pain remained. By this time I was dragging my right leg, and I wasnt happy. Thats an understatement.

I got my prescription and headed home. More writhing in tears on my bed trying to find a position that relieved me of the pain (that didnt work), it took 2hrs for the meds to kick in. When they did I couldnt lie down, I could only stand to get rid of the pain. So thats what I did for an hour. I stood and watched TV. Then I got bored and washed the dishes in my sink. Then I checked my fridge and gave my food order to LL and asked MrB to bring me some water. Thanks both for looking after me, and bringing me my rations.

There was an improvement yesterday and there is still improvement today but its not going fast enough for me. I have to stop and let my body heal. In the meantime, no boot camp. Nothing. Rest and lying flat as much as possible. Im planning on getting back to work on Sunday however if I cant sit down, Im going to look at an alternative solution. Im also not supposed to drive on these meds, however, lack of a right leg makes driving a bit more challenging than a little drowsiness!!

Ive just had to stop writing this mid way as the meds have worn off, its just reminded me of the pain that remains suppressed when I take the meds. Not a happy lady here at all. Least if I feel pain thats a good thing, right?! I did click my right knee, perhaps its now back into place, where it should be. Just need to do the same for the hip, that might a bit more challenging too.

Considering a walking stick. Might get me my free upgrade a week on Friday when I travel to the Uk for my sisters 40th birthday celebrations, and for my neices 3rd birthday and to see all the family. I HAVE to get on that flight so major recovery week ahead. Id rather use my points and guarantee an upgrade so Im checking online several times a day - the call centre cant help ufff! Def a walking stick!

Ive just come off the phone to my step mum who works in the NHS in the UK. She has a colleague who had the same injury from a tetanus needle several years ago, shes not sure how long the pain lasted but it took 2yrs to recover fully. Great! I need to write to the Clinic and then the Ministry of Health (MOH). According to this colleague, the NHS stopped injections of any sort in the bum 15yrs ago and injections are in the top of the thigh due to the fact that the sciatic never can move to any area in the glutes. Yes STOPPED 15yrs ago. So what happened here in the UAE!??

Enough of the speculation and stories, I just need to get fixed. I cant put the clock back, I cant change anything, I just have to deal with this. And there is obviously a reason the Dr gave me a MONTHS prescription of these painkillers. There is something he knows that I didnt look into on Wednesday. Looking back I really wasnt interested in anything else other than pain relief. I got it, but I need to keep it going 24hrs, I dont like these painful moments.

Interestingly I lost just under 1kg last week, and we found out all about acupuncture from one of Andrews colleagues - little did I know I would be requiring his services so soon - pain relief required THEN lets look at the weight loss assistance on offer!

I will try to keep this blog updated with my progress, but for a while it wont be about boot camp (sorry Corey), it might be a little about my diet plan (Andrew Im going to confess now and get it over with - I had some Krispy Kremes, I thought I didnt like them then I tasted it and it was nice ..... eeeeek!) but Ive not eaten much other than some almonds and salads the last 2 days otherwise : ).

For my fellow bootcampers, I might pop along and see you next week and support you from the sidelines, I dont want to miss you all, as it looks like the earliest I will return is 11th April, but Im taking this recovery day by day. Im looking out for my miracle. If I was religious, Id ask for prayers, but Im not, so just look after yourselves, be happy, keep up the good work at BC, think of me and my lazy ass for a while and dont get any injections in your bum for anything!!

Big hugs all round xxx

PS Those roller skates are going to be gathering dust for a while too : ((

No comments:

Post a Comment