Popular Posts

14 March - Hellish week into OFC Hell Week

I returned to boot camp after a weeks absence, back to the 3rd week which is known as hell week. Despite hearing from my fellow bootcampers that last Thursday was hell running day (Corey, Im glad I missed THAT one), I knew this would be tough. Its amazing how fast I got out of shape, though I wasnt in shape before. 10 days without a run, walk, jog, boot camp session, swim and I didnt make Fitness First on Saturday. Ouch this is going to hurt.

I was welcomed back from all my fellow bootcampers, and a hug from one! I needed that, thanks : ). Even though Im still on the borderline of meltdown but looking up, if I had that hug last week I would have sobbed for about an hour - things have improved. The session was tough - cross fit - ouch! I did what I could, at least I rocked up and moved. So how come I still come last even with some of the newbies, seriously I am still that unfit!? I guess so ....

And tomorrow Im going to be in pain, but Ive already managed my expectations - Im going to be in pain most if not all of this week. We did a few rounds (?) of squats, running, push ups, sit ups and then some more. Then there was that silly game of tag or whatever Corey calls it - I swore a few times when I went over on my foot, then pulled something at the top of my left leg. I kept moving it wasnt that bad, but I was ready to give up. I was wishing the session to be over, I was feeling sick. What? More squats, come on!!! The hour was over, I was glad to be sitting down on the grass. I was still feeling sick. Im glad I finished it, I need to get back into the swing of it and rock up Wednesday and Thursday, absolutely no excuses.

And it was great to see my old fellow boot campers again. I havent quite gott to know the new ones yet, but then again Ive missed 1 week out of 2 before and I was very quiet today. I recall at the beginning of this journey that I may lose my sense of humour. Yep its gone, especially when trying to get back into the swing of this fitness lark again. That will teach me not to move for 10 days.

But I did walk Ikea at the weekend AND lift lots of shelving - I even went back again on Sunday for more! Im trying to get organised and have a clear out, yes even more of a clear out. Its me getting my shit in order, all part of the initial big plan.

When I got home after boot camp this evening, I decided to get some food sorted so that I could stick to my diet plan more. Strawberries and blueberries weighed out, yoghurt divided up (though I confess I ate half the tub of Rachels greek yoghurt with coconut, HIGHLY recommended  ... and some strawberries whilst preparing!), cooked some chicken balls and beef balls for my snacks. For one of my snacks I am going to eat protein as I dont eat enough through the day. And I STILL havent done my food planner for Andrew (I will get that done some time this week,, promise ...). Im grateful for my small box tupperware selection, best investment over the last 8 years. And still expanding. All I need to do is get some leaves and veggies together to go with lunch, but I might just buy that tomorrow from the restaurant at work, and I can add some chopped cheese. I miss my cheese. AND brie is low in carbs hee hee. Moderation for the dairy, Andrew I know.

Considering Ive more or less (more of the more) stuck to the diet plan, apart from the small part that I havent eaten enough or the 5 meals each day, Im hoping for a loss. Im guessing 0.5kgs if Im honest with myself, I still need to focus and plan more and get 100% organised instead of 50%. And Ive eaten all the "naughty" yogurts (Spinneys ran out of greek yoghurt and Carrefour, Hyper Panda and Union Coop dont sell it), Rachels vanilla or the delicious one with coconut was last weeks yoghurt choice - all gone, back to the normal plain greek ones. Tuesdays session with Andrew is about the diets that fail and why, and Im presuming the reasons why this one works, and it does work. It will work for me if I do this properly. Maybe if I had eaten some pancakes last week I would have still lost the same amount!!!!! What do you think Andrew? Yes, we will be driving you mad tomorrow yet again. Sorry teacher!!!

On a side note, my test results came back this week - seems more investigation required. Low potassium, she reckons something related to overactive glands attached to the kidney(s) and possible blocking of the kidney artery which causes the increased BP. Increased cortisone (?) and testosterone in my blood. Cortisone is over produced as a result of stress which increases the BP. High levels of cortisone reduces levels of potassium in the body! High testosterone levels can cause weight gain and be difficult to lose weight - apparently! Waiting for the 24hr pee in a pot test (going to have to occur over a weekend at home) and ultra sound on the bellies to wait and see what the next steps are. Im also getting a 2nd opinion.

Im done with the negativity - it only worries my dad (sorry Pops!!). But we all have good days and bad days, good weeks and bad weeks, we only learn to appreciate the good weeks when we have the bad ones. Thats my theory anyway. Ive got 3 great trips planned for April (means only 50% boot camping though) - UK for 10 days with my family, a long weekend in my favourite city Bangkok and a 2 day weekend trip to Petra. Something positive to look forward to.

And my tip for today for a feel good factor - Watch SNOW DOGS, if you dont dream of playing and cuddling those beautiful doggies, you got something wrong with you!

I need sleep, its a big week ahead for me. Night night x

No comments:

Post a Comment