Popular Posts

15 - 20 March - 2nd opinions!

Time DOES pass me by. I was supposed to be writing this on a daily basis, but looks like it might be once a week, twice if Im lucky.

And so much has happened in just a few days. Lets start with bootcamp, always a good beginning to any blog. I missed last Wednesday - I was delayed at work with emergency evacuation of our staff from Bahrain. It wasnt stressful, just busy and a lot to do in a short space of time. This didnt affect my blood pressure, only the people with their games, politics and unethical behaviours make my blood boil! I was going to make Thursdays though, I had to, this was supposed to be a 3 day bootcamp week. I made it for 845pm to quickly say Hi to Zaid and apologise I hadnt made it. I thought about going for a run but by the time I got home and got my essentials sorted it was bed time!

Thursday - I was late for bootcamp. I thought about not going at all, as it was easier to go home and stay home. However, I somehow managed to persuade myself that I HAD to go no matter what the time. I got home at 735pm, was at bootcamp for 745pm. Just as warm up finished. I thought I would have to do a little warm up so hovered to wards the back then Corey told me more or less to get on with it. Off I went, up and down the little hill, running, running, and more running. Then there was even more running, with weighted bags, weighted balls, zig zagging across the cones, attached to a parachute (mine wasnt saving anyone!), and baby steps up the ladders up the hill! I got a slight buzz from turning up late, and not giving in and just going home. I think Corey was lenient with my punishments for being late as I had been doing a good deed at work, getting our people to safety - even if it did take some til Saturday to get her due to the visas!

Then there was the weekend, and what a weekend. I met Emily Cheyne, who is a Life Coach and conducts workshops on "Friends of Food". The workshop had been cancelled so I took her up on the offer of a one to one session x 2! 9.45am speeding fine at the Marina/JLT area of Sheikh Zayed Road (who in the police was up at that time AND working on a Friday, come on !!). A few tears later, things started to make sense, quite obvious but I guess sometimes we need the obvious pointed out! Today was definitely one of these days. a fast 2hrs later we were done and Im booked in for a weekend in April for my 2nd session, and got some homework to do. Its all about tuning in to yourself - to my emotions, feed that particular emotion but mostly identify it so it can be recognised. Tune into my levels of hunger. Eat on a plate and taste and enjoy and concentrate on the food. SOooo much more, and Im glad I ve added this piece of the jigsaw. Friday then evolved into building the Ikea shelves for my bathroom and getting that area of the apartment organised. My bathroom is now stress free. Thanks Emily for my morning session. Then there was some driving to and from and singing and dancing to Stevie Wonder, an utter musical genius!

I didnt go to sleep until 3am so waking early on Saturday was not going to occurr. However I had an osteopath appointment at midday, I just made it, thankfully was 2mins drive from home! I met Malcolm Gregory, a brilliant osteopath an part scottish, irish and welsh. A good combination so like me, supports anyone (in sports terms of course ..) except England ha ha! And OMG! This man has rescued me, my back felt immediately better, and within 24hrs I was moving and walking differently. As I am running and I already have damage to my back and have virtually no cushioning between the last 2 vertebra(s), I am going to have to have regular appointments with him. So already booked in for next Saturday midday again. There is something about having my back clicked into place and the self satisfying pleasure knowing that my back has been snapped back into place again. It should hurt but it doesnt, but I heard it in my ears and down my spine. Ahhh I love that clicking feeling. And the feelings that come afterwards too.

Then there was my 2nd opinion Dr. And how very interesting this appointment was. I got a copy of the last blood tests and the potassium levels showed 0.1g under the minimum level, this Dr said I could fix this by eating potassium rich foods and also with a multi vitamin. What she did notice though was that I had a major major deficiency in Vitamin D, the other Dr hadnt even mentioned this. At all. I realised that this 2nd opinion Dr was a no-nonsense Dr and I liked that. There was no wasted requests and approvals for yet more tests, ultrasounds, CT scans, pee in a pot tests (thank god I dont have to do that for 24hrs...). Instead I was told to sit in the sun for 20mins every day, no suncream, bare skin. I dont sit in the sun, I wear F30+, I cover myself up, Ive adapted to my environment and I also required a Vitamin D injection. The approval arrived at 730pm that evening, and on Sunday I had the injection. 2 of them, only 1 covered by insurance but that wasnt so bad. Big needle, I lay down, I ate a 37g bag of maltesers before for sugar so I was less likely to faint. Wasnt so bad but my right glute is not very happy right now! Im glad I got the 2nd opinion, although there is no harm doing the ultrasound on Wednesday morning, and I get a long lie in and a half day at work - perhaps I can work from home this day!

I even had lunch at More cafe with the lovely MissA, we both had the spinach salad with extra chicken (protein), though there was roasted pumpkin on top - theres the carbs.

I also ate some dark chocolate. Andrew permitted me 10g of dark chocs every night. I didnt have any this week so hope it was ok to have the full 35g bar at the movies last night.........hey at least it wasnt the caramel popcorn, the nachos or the HUGE 7Up. Progress, but perhaps I exceeded my carbs for Saturday. Its not the end of the world and IM not going to worry about it. Im still learning the principles and eating better than I ever have done. Despite the 0.5g weight increase last week, Im back on track, and yes even with the whole 35g bar and the 37g bag of Maltesers today. And why? Because Im also working in the emotional eating side of things,everything is just a jigsaw piece, and it might take a while to solve it and for the pieces the right way round, but eventually they are all going to fit the right way at the same time, then Im going to be zooming.

Ive got a feeling last Thursday boot camp was a change in me, this weekend was another change, another corner. Im less the emotional wreck I was the week before, and Im feeling more focused. Though I have developed an addition to Sumo Salads. Well there could be a lot worse things to be addicted to, like ym enormous jar of maltesers that I now have in my kitchen, parked right next to my almonds and walnuts. I will explain this gorgeous looking little number next week, in the meantime, have a drool over this hee hee heee






No comments:

Post a Comment