Popular Posts

2 March - Still ROCKING UP : ))

Tomorrow is BFA Day. Time to see progress, a great way to end the week and start the weekend ahead of a 3 day trip to Jordan, yay!

I didnt eat well today, I didnt drink enough water. I need to learn, water water water! I still rocked up to boot camp. Start of the 3rd month, 2nd session of the week. I can do this. There were a lot of people again, in fact I think there were more than the 24 who showed up on Monday. I wasnt the best, but I wasnt the worst not that its a competition but its good for me still, in a very selfish way, to know that Im still making progress. I seem to need this assurance on a daily basis, like a demanding child. Oh yes, I was one of those too!

Tonight was upper body time. My, did that hurt, tough session Mr Zaid! But it was good, I felt the pain, I felt it working. Ha ha who am I, seriously!? Im still not lovin it though .... There is a difference in the old team dynamics. The oldies seem to stick together, the newbies seem to be keeping their distance. Mrs Fit tried to get the newbies to join the oldies on the grass, but it didnt really happen. I needed to take  Corey's advice and motivate the newbies, as they are where I was 7 weeks ago. I know their pain, I feel their pain, I feel their hatred towards how hard doing exercise is, the feelings of frustrations towards themselves. AAahh we really dont love boot camp. yet. Ha ha. Sorry OFC boys : ).

Then there was my moment .. I tried whilst running with the weight exercises forget it, I had to concentrate on doing it for me (selfish again!), but for the last run I saw one of the newbies - I saw me. He had stopped soon after starting to run the last run around the park. I saw me struggling, he was struggling. Corey I did what you asked me and it was OK. I told him how LL had helped and encouraged me through that tough run around the park, how I couldnt keep running and had to walk it, I couldnt do it 7 weeks ago. I told him to jog slowly, but best not to stop and walk, its harder to get back to get back to running. I told him I was now running 2km once a week nonstop and that was something I would never have considered possible 7 weeks. I told him I focused on getting my breathing rhythm first then focused my mind over the fact my legs hurt. I told him it got easier. I told him how Zaid had run beside me the first week and told me keep "rocking up", keep doing it, it will get easier. I ran with him and slowed my pace and we finished the circuit together. Bless him he did well. It felt good to help someone else, I saw so much of me in his pain and struggle. But he did well, he did it, he has rocked up 2 times this week already. Good luck Mr R, you can do it too.

Now I see the new me. One of my oldie co-bootcampers has been away for week and told me as we left that I am looking toned and its significant. THANKS you made my night. The bond (sounds corny I know) we have developed is great, I would now miss this if I stopped boot camp. I dont want to, I wont. I need to do more and push myself more.

I have 28 days til I land back in the UK and see all of my gorgeous family, my big sisters 40th birthday party first. I want to feel confident about me, and want them to see a big difference - without fad diets, all the proper way. I still dont feel THAT different despite the clothes being much loser (wore black trousers today for first time in 10 days and they were loose ......), and I need my turning point soon. To weigh less than 100kgs - there Ive said it, all very  public. Its within reach, easy reach thanks to my team mates at boot camp, my boot camp gurus Corey and Zaid and my new addition, Scottish heart-throb Andrew (ha ha we will make a pin up out of you yet young man!!). I can do this - and THIS is the THE longest time I have ever committed to a healthy regime (and several at the same time ...). Big thanks LL, you will never let me back out of this I know, and thank god you wont ha ha!!

No comments:

Post a Comment