Popular Posts

6 February - What ever happened to "lazin' on a Sunday mornnnning"?

I have this great theory - I wont suffer from Monday morning blues while my working week begins on a Sunday! Today was Sunday and I had the Sunday morning blues. Work again! And all I was thinking about was my old UK Sundays, lying in bed with the newspaper (Sunday Mirror of course) and watching the omnibus of Hollyoaks. Those were the days : ). The days before responsibility, work and work pressure. Yuck, the person who invented that MUST have been the person who said No Pain No Gain. I will find you ... you cannot hide forever!

I decided to work from home, again. I just couldn't bear the thought of all those interruptions and the wasted time driving to and from work. I was in panic mode as I had neglected my mounting emails for the last 2 weeks at least! I had no idea what was in there, would I find I had painfully missed something important? (yes I did .....). I also didnt want to get out of my PJs, have a shower or do my hair and makeup. Not only did I save on fuel I also saved a pair of contact lenses. The scottish side of me is till there! Noice!

Working from home has many challenges - staying focused on work whilst eating healthy. At any time I can pick up the phone and order pizza, Chinese, Thai - whatever I want. At any time I can get in the car and drive to a garage, drive to the mall and get a pinkberry pomegranate yoghurt ice cream with fruits. Its hard despite throwing out all the take away menus, there is still the internet, 181 and yellow pages. Self control is hard and not part of my personality very much over the years.

I had my BP meds with a glass of water then I had some rye bread with peanut butter - one slice, and water; 2hrs later I had a banana, far too ripe and I threw out the other 2 that were already melting after only a few days! Water water water. Followed 3hrs later with some nuts. My daily quota, measured out in my little (tupperware) box. I couldnt be bothered to cook at dinner time, I was wanting to keep working. I ordered stir fry broccoli and spicy fried chicken rice. I have no will power at all, its official. : ((((

The black hole I mentioned before took over, I was even talking about it at the weekend. This black hole is like my food devil on one side of my brain and a good food angel on the other. They are not on my shoulders, I mean really inside my head, thats how I picture them. I seriously think I need a shrink. When I try to focus on not ordering or eating something, it becomes magnified in my thoughts and pushes the good food angel out of sight, out of mind, I cant see or feel her presence (yes the good one is a girl all in white!). The little bugger the food devil is male and wears red (predictable, I know but hear me out ....), and he just takes over. In fact the black out is him pulling this big huge heavy black curtain across the middle of my thoughts and shutting out the good food angel. She can only squeeze back in again when its to late - the food was ordered, the food arrived,  I ate the food (not all of it), then she showed her face. A bit bloody late madam, you were no help whatsoever! Yep, I definitely need a shrink for this one! I decided to drink lots of water and help the food though my belly as fast as possible .... I so know thats NOT going to happen.

However I have been using my new weights. Everytime I walked past them I picked them up and thought about my fabulous Cameron Diaz arms in the making. I think every morning I can wake with some weight execises for my arms. I will most likely take some time to work up to weights and squats or lunges! Will keep that little speciality for boot camp itself.

So Ive got a busy stressful week ahead and I havent helped myself with the unhealthy-ish weekend and bad start to the week. I doubt the weekly weigh-in tomorrow is going to tell me Ive lost 4kgs - Andrew where were you when I needed you (and you better reply to my email soon Mr Dietician or Im going to have to do the detox version from DHTC .....). Yep detox it is tomorrow, veg and fruit only and tons of water. I need to get back in the boat and stop floating around on the surface.

Ive only got 1 boot camp session this week, so I NEED to at least do some running in the evenings when I get home, even if it is midnight. The guy who was advertising the Weightloss Show 2 weekends ago lost 50kg and he had to fit in midnight runs to make sure he did what he needed to do. I will find his story and add the link here. I need to be that person. I keep saying these words, its action I need not words. COME ON ME!!! Where have I gone - get back to it. HUA!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment