Popular Posts

18 - 20 February - I left my heart in Singapore

What a great weekend I had all to myself. In particular the 2 Singapre Slings on Thursday evening, plus and extra cocktail for good measure.

I resisted the buffet breakfasts by eating one of my fruit snack bars with water as I got ready for the day. I didnt drink enough water, I didnt eat enough or regularly enough. I failed on many levels but sooo different from before. I DID manage to squeeze in a veggie curry in Little India, and some room service nasi goreng and chicken satay - 11pm is perhaps NOT the ideal time to eat after lunch at 3pm! I justified it all as I walked 4hrs on Thursday, 10hrs on Friday and I think 7hrs on Saturday. I even missed the plate of spring rolls in Chinatown for AED3, as I was busy walking and looking at all the pretty buildings and of course some bargain shopping. I love Singapore.

At the airport after a minor "Banged Up Abroad" paranoia moment, I opted for a Subway Chicken Salad with water - still trying to be good, I assure you. I did have the low fat french dressing on it though. It did take me 30mins os standing and queuing to get it. The water was taken from me at the departure gate as we went through security. I drank double glasses of water on board the flight, no alcohol. I did eat the carb overdose - I ate allll the breakfast except the cooked tomato; there are just some veggies that should not be cooked!

Had THE worst day at work, didnt have time for more than 3 sips of water, and a fruit brekkie bar, by the end of the day my legs an ankles were swollen to double their usual size, both legs too, not just the usual left leg, which would swell when I drank alcohol - delayed reaction from Thursday perhaps?! A quick trip the Drs showed the BP back up to 147/95. The job has to go, especially when you have someone medically trained telling you to resign as the job is putting me at high risk of a heart attack or a stroke! Great, welcome back to Dubai.

I had all but a few hours sleep on on off since I woke at 4am Dubai time (8am Singapore time) on Saturday, by the time I eventually closed my eyes I had been awake for 42hours. Demented? No, I was quite awake and with it, I even managed to watch 5 episodes of catch up American Idol. 1 more to go, thats for tomorrows insomnia episode.

I was VERY glad the day was over and I had a plan for work ....... Bye Bye Singapore, I will be back again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment