Popular Posts

16 - 17 February - I like holidays I do

Im writing this from my free upgraded exec club room, after my last minute business class upgrade on Emirates; I used my points but they were expiring in 2 weeks, I would rather have had the upgrade on the return journey but just in case it was full, it was good to use them now.

I finished a good session at bootcamp last night, there were only 3 of us but Ive finally found something I can do reasonably well. Skipping! All those years of skipping in the back garden and at school has paid off, just a shame I havent skipped my way through the last 38 years and I wouldnt be needing boot camp at all. So skipping is on the agenda. I have skipping ropes at home. In my cupboard, still in their wrapping, I think I bought them about 4 years ago, gulp! I did struggle with the legs in the air crunches, so development areas learned this week are strengthen my neck and tummy. That tummy part is going to take some time, but looking around me now at the lush hotel room carpet, there is space and comfort to get some crunch practice in over the next 2 days.

Before I left for the airport, I went to Uptown Mirdif to book a spa for a friend, and I was ether having blood pressure floating issues or I was experiencing my first exercise high. I dont know for sure, as Im still hanging on to the blood pressure explanation, but regardless, I was walking with a skip, and it felt good. perhaps it was just the fact I was going on a short holiday. I do like my holidays! I pottered at home and packed and then departed for the airport. Im pleased to report that the new black and gold dress that cost me AED50 in the sale a few weeks ago, fits me. Size 18. Now how the hell do I chose what dress to wear a week on Friday. Life before was easy, I only had limited choice, easier.

I am also pleased to advise that as my feet have lost weight (still find this all a bit weird - Im losing first off my feet, boobs and back, can we now please focus on the bellies!!), and my pink walking boots fit very much looser than before, great! I sailed through the airport with more skip in my step, chatting to strangers as I bought my new camera and ate some Pinkberry yoghurt ice cream (my name is X and Im addicted to Pinkberry). I was recommending camera makes to a handsome man from Oz and advising the pomegranate Pinkberry was the best to an old english gentleman. I was skipping my way to the T1 Business Class Lounge at Gate 122. At first I was very happy that my flight departed from gate 125, then I realised that meant less walking - I liked my walks between T1 and T3. Ok that only meant more effort on the way. I chose escalators that allowed me to walk up steps, not the lifts. I zig zagged through Duty free, and climbed down the steps to T1 avoiding the escalators. I refused the travelators and walked with yet more skip and spring in my step. At the lounge I limited my intake to 2 glasses of bubbly but did have some carb snacks. Ooops. Oh Im on holiday!!!

I tried to upgrade at checkin but as I have a temporary Skywards card they couldn't do the transaction, there were 2 seats left. When I reached the lounge the seats were gone, my only option was to be 4th on the waiting list. 4 is my lucky number so I was feeling hopeful. I got the good news at the departure gate - marvelous!!! I did have to buy some extra miles in advance to ensure I had enough for the full upgrade, otherwise I would have lost 15,000 points! Not in my lifetime thank you! I wasnt bothered it was a middle seat, I was just so happy to be in business. I feel this is where I belong : ). I got just over 5hours sleep, had 1 glass of bubbly, watched 1 movie and had some breakfast - so much more civilised than economy!

I had managed my expectations about the poor service reviews of the iconic Marina Bay Sands Hotel, so as you can imagine, expect the worse, you just might get a surprise. The bus transfer was on time and on arrival at the hotel it was easy to find checkin. It was busy in the large lobby however I had a glass of rose bubbly given to me as I stood 3rd in the checkin queue and next thing I know Im being given an exec club room free of charge but without the facilities, all because my mid range room was not available. And here I am, floor 36 overlooking the city ...  and planning my walk to see where I can run in the morning. I will be wearing my OFC tshirt too!

To summarise, if you feel positive, positive things will happen to you. If you feel confident or lucky, you will be just that. If you give good vibrations (or just some skipping will do) out to the universe nice things will happen. Im feeling very grateful for the all the positivity and all the nice and great things that have happened to me in the last 24hrs, this weekend can only get better. The Law of Attraction? You might just work for me yet .... and thats without even thinking about it! And if it can be about my fitness and losing weight, even better still. I like holidays I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment