Popular Posts

5 February - Keeping it real

Saturday morning - another alarm wake up. Ufffff. This time to sell my car and go through the painful red tape process with the RTA. Just as I had moved from unconscious to conscious, the sms came through telling me the process was not going to happen today. Ufffff again. I wanted to go back to sleep but I also didnt want to waste the day lying in bed.

What to do? OK another shopping mall. Its more walking which means more moving which means more calories and fat burned. Brunch at Lime Tree cafe at Ibn Batutta was chicken skewers with a small helping of almond satay. Yummeeee. It did take me a few mins to order this protein choice over the carb rice cakes over the delicious looking pumpkin quiche with pastry. I did share some roasted veg and halloumi on the side and I 'fess up now I did have most of the potato salad. But thankfully sharing is a better way for me reduce the food intake because I could just eat Lime Tree out of business all by myself. Dont ever let me loose in that kitchen.

We walked for a few hours, via all the sports shops and enjoying the walking off of brunch. I came back with more wrist bands (for me elbows at the next BFA!!), and some 2kg hand weights for me to do the 30 day shred DVD better from home. When I got them home I did do some exercises with them, Im going to have to build up lots of stamina if I go through another session with OFC using weights as I really truly struggled to run whilst carrying the weights last week. I also like the idea of getting rid of my bingo wings and having some Madonna toned arms - OK more Cameron Diaz arms as Madonna is way to scrawny these days. I also got some "essentials" for running and boot camp, which I cant really mention in too much detail, but these are proper ones that hopefully wont fall down mid BFA next time!

No before I close for the day, I can update you on the Dr and BP meds situation. Im still on meds and on an increased dosage. Not happy but if it allows me to continue with bootcamp and running, I need to take them. I know if I stop taking them I wont be permitted to continue with boot camp. If I dont continue with boot camp, Im going to slip back into my old lifestyle and bad habits again and I will be on more than BP low dosage meds for the rest of my life. As I had a few little heart palpitations over the last week when I was at resting not exercising I had to tell the Dr. Next thing I know Im connected to an ECG machine. A stressful 10mins later Im told everything is normal. Phew. I was starting to worry and of course all Im thinking about is the fact Ive left my phone at home on this occasion, and what if something happens to me ....

Drama queen moment over, its also the end of the weekend. I have a busy week ahead including 2 days of all day conference. Which means only one thing - carb overdose in the hotel. Im planning ahead for this one. If I can avoid the carbs on these 2 days, missing boot camp for 2 days doesnt seems so bad. It also means double running and 30 day shred for Friday and Saturday. I have Friday dinner at a friends place planned, something to look forward to an save myself for! Wish me luck for the week ahead, and good luck to you all reading this if you're still sharing my boat up the creek ..............

PS I had Lime Tree carrot cake after the few hours shopping in replacement of my evening dinner. Dinner was water and a handful of nuts only!! If I can work from home tomorrow, I can fit in a lunchtime run to make up for this weakness .................................

No comments:

Post a Comment