Popular Posts

24 June - Apres Brunch

Ok technically its 25 June, but Ive missed the last 6hrs due to the apres lunch snooze. What a great brunch and fabulous people to celebrate their wedding with.

Impersonally still celebrating right now, because for the first time I did not overeat at a brunch! I had some prawns and mango salad (small portion), followed by another small portion of steak and Guinness pie, and some veggies from the salad buffet. And that was it food wise. In fact, I think thats why the alcohol I consumed did not get soaked up, and I ended up slurring directions home to the taxi driver. Thankfully, I made it to my apartment, immediately fell asleep, and woke up to realise I had in fact locked the front door .... and surrounded by all 4 kitties who thought their birthdays had come all at one, as they were on mummy's bed!

Ive just eaten some toast and feta cheese (the proper stuff) and I'm already on the electrolyte drink, thats going to help me tomorrow morning when I wake up. And I have a walk in the 40c+ heat, to my friends car, to drive to the airport to collect them ....

Im so proud of myself that I didn't obsess about over eating at brunch or feeling I was "depriving" myself by not, however it does have its drawbacks on the levels of control after the bubbles/beer! Oh and I did have some chocolate wedding cake too!

What a great weekend so far and Ive got one more day yet to enjoy. Happy weekending everyone : )

No comments:

Post a Comment