Popular Posts

19 June - Lets get it on

Yesterdays planned personal training didn't happen, Mr Zaid OFC is a busy man and I was nice enough to not demand my session! So at 6am this morning Zaid sent me an sms asking me if I could make it at 830pm. I think I replied mid afternoon, I had to think about that one.

I was preferring the option of walking around my home instead, I had the day planned out (my one day at a time idea), so this was a tad off putting at first. Then through email communication with Jules from Mountain High (http://www.mountainhighme.com/News_info.html) I found some inspiration, perfect timing. She told me to do 3 things every day towards my weight loss goal, so I did - (1) drink more than 1.5l of water today (nearly 3l consumed), (2) stick to my allocated food/diet plan today (I did, yay), and (3) go to meet Zaid at 830pm and stop making excuses (done).

I will confess, I had to have a LLD - otherwise known as a little lie down. I used to live with someone who always had to have a LLD on a weekend. I had a 30min snooze before meeting Zaid; I needed it after the psychologically distressing day at the office (8 working days left until I actually escape from the zoo ....). I drove to Hercules Gym, and parked a little bit around the corner - more steps are all good. It was comforting to have a welcome wave from across the gym from Zaid. I was early so I was advised to get on the bike to warm up. Nearly 12 mins later I was ready. I was put through some basic work, and he understood my limitations with my lower back and right leg/foot. I lost my balance a number of times, and I was gobsmacked at how poor and weak my leg was. Not to mention how I struggled with the arm exercises with weights - I really should have kept up the weight work at home! Zaid was gentle to me, as this was my first 1hr of exercise in 12 weeks, more or less to the day. In fact it was 12 weeks ago I had that injection ....

As I finished I felt myself limp on my right leg, but not from pain or discomfort, just from weak and wobbly muscles. Walking or rather stumbling back to the car, I wondered if I could drive home ok, thankfully all was well as soon as I was sat down again. I got home and ate some cooked chicken I had prepared earlier, and then had some yogurt, honey and walnuts. I wasnt that hungry. I prepared my food quote for tomorrow, so that I can stick to the diet plan again. I remembered that if I prepare the night before, I stand a better chance of succeeding during the day ahead.

I know I am going to ache tomorrow, I know I am going to struggle, but as I was reminded today, if it hurts its worked. I may even meet my neighbours and walk around where I live to just keep moving. Zaid has advised the return to boot camp is more like August, but thats a goal I like the sound of. I need to lock myself away until I fly to Mauritius on the next holiday, so 2 times weekly with him plus some Zumba classes and in between lots of walking, I will reach my goal.

Tomorrow is another day, one day at a time. I have my food ready, I have my 3 goals ready - (1) eat breakfast at home when I wake up, (2) walk up and down the stairs at work, do not take the life and (3) enjoy and savour the taste of all the healthy food I have prepared. Keeping it simple LL, see, sometimes I can try!

The next goal is to have lost 2kgs on Tuesday with Andy at our twice monthly weighins ....... after which I will update you of my progress. Keep rooting for me, I need your positive encouragement, thoughts and energy. Thanks LL for your words, thanks Zaid for your encouragement, thanks MissS (I will see you in Zumba!) for keeping in touch and reminding me of the pain : ), and thanks Jules for the positive impact that your words had on me today, it changed my thinking and focused me on getting to the end of this day a success. THANK YOU

No comments:

Post a Comment