Popular Posts

20 June - Wake me up before you go go ...

That would be wake me up before you go numb, you right arm you!!! I woke up mid sleep last night, thinking I had been sleeping on my right arm funny, as you do. On waking I discovered I had either strained or pulled a muscle and I already felt a few of the expected muscle pains. So soon?

As the day progressed the usual pain in different parts of my arms, then the thighs then the stomach all appeared like clockwork. I wasnt anticipating it to come on so fast or as painful as it did, as I only did a "light" session with OFC Zaid last night. And the right arm was difficult to straighten. Will see how it goes by Wednesday. LL recommended to follow RICE - rest (Im right handed and using a computer all day ..... not to mention driving and shopping and cleaning etc), ice (not in the office or the fridge at home and I didnt fancy sticking a frozen salmon steak on it, ice blocks werent flexible enough), compression (I forgot that bit ... maybe if I lie on it, it has the same effect?), elevation (ok ......?). Then I actually started thinking about eating rice, that progressed to Nasi Goreng from MORE Cafe, then there was a flashback of the spicy chicken rice at Yum, followed by thai green chicken curry WITH steamed rice. Im not quite in control of my mind yet as you can see. I ate my chicken salad for lunch ...

I missed my 3 goals today. I didnt climb the stairs up but I did climb them on the way down. I didnt have breakfast before I left home, I had it at my desk when I reached the office. I DID savour the taste of my chicken salad, now edible without any dressings, just black pepper and some other mixed ground herbs and spices. The only carb in there is some sweetcorn but thats in moderation.

I did my shopping for the next few days, all salad stuff and managed to get some non USA strawberries (they are still revolting), thankfully Holland came to the rescue, it WAS market day at Spinneys : ).

I had a sneaky special tea and some home made chocolate cake and a choc cookie this evening, perhaps not the perfect end to a healthy day, but it followed a healthy dinner with the lovely MrsT and hubby (the fab special team maker, thanks both). I thought that if I ate it thinking it wold do me good and it would not make me gain weight tomorrow at my weigh in, the positive thinking would ensure my body didnt hang onto the calories, at least not until after the weigh in at 6pm tomorrow. I will give that theory a try.

Ive had 3 responses to my community walking, so will get that set up going before the end of the week. Enough walking to stretch the sore muscles and speed up my metabolism to deal with the Friday brunch at the end of the week, ahead of positively healthy week ahead. As of today, only 7 working days left til I escape to a 3 day weekend and onto brighter days.

In the meantime, Im considering a pain killer for breakfast tomorrow!! Goodnight all, sweet dreams x

No comments:

Post a Comment