Popular Posts

22 June - Walk this way

So, I decided to force myself to keep moving, even if it wasnt hard core like bootcamp, that can wait til August. In the meantime, I have PT sessions with OFC Zaid, option to join Zumba (MissS, I WILL soon.....), and then there was the easy option of creating something on my doorstep. And thats exactly what I did.

I sent a message out to everyone who lives in my community, and 4 ladies replied. Today 3 of them joined me for a walk at 630pm, it was the perfect time for us all. I admit I DID drive my car to the meeting point, but only because I had 2 black bin liners full of big and old clothes to put in the clothes recycling bin. I have been stepping around those bags for weeks, maybe it was a subconscious way of holding onto the old me and the comfort of knowing those bigger clothes were there, in case I needed them. Now, there is no going back, they are gone. In the last 2 days I have worn 2 items that are seriously far too big for me, so I will start another clear our (someting I talked about last weekend and didnt do...). Time to move on properly, not hang to the past, no hoarding and keep having those therapeutic clear outs. I also dont have any more wardrobe space!

And back to the walking. I met 3 lovely ladies, all from different countries, 2 with children and one trying. me being the single one balanced out the group even further! We chatted, got to know each other, we didnt walk too fast, more of a stroll but most importantly, we were moving. And move we did for 1hr 15mins. We have also agreed to meet up again on Sunday early evening again, this time we may have our 5th member.

At one point, the Mirdif Runners ran past us, 3 men up front, 2 ladies further back. The 2 ladies smiled back at us, we all said together that we would be there one day... something to aim for. We walked my old running route, it looked different at a walking pace and I had a good old nosey. Very excited to see someone from SkyDive Dubai still lives around the corner, nice to be reminded of my new obsession, and something to remind me to be 90kgs the next time I jump out of a plane.

Yesterday at the weigh-in, I realised that I had set my weight goals according to my scheduled sky dives - (1) 100kg for my 1st in Dubai - done, (2) min 95kgs for Mauritius mid August but hoping to be closer to 90kg, (3) 85kgs for Sydney at New Year and (4) 80kgs for Thailand next May. it doesnt get any simpler than that. In the meantime, I just watch sky diving videos in the evenings to remind me of that 1t jump....sigh!

Tomorrow is Thursday, last day before the weekend. Friday is brunch day so there will be excess. Which means I need to keep moving and walk towards working off the bubbles and yummy food. Saturday I will watch the fit ones compete in the Shape Challenge. Go LL, I can feel your thighs hurting already!!! Good luck to all the OFC Crew, HUA!!

No comments:

Post a Comment