Popular Posts

9 September - Lets give it a go

Friday morning and my alarm was set - OMG! I really wanted a lie in especially since I didnt get to be til 1.30am this morning. Oh no its OK, Im going to the gym to see if my ankle can hold out long enough for me to burn a few calories. First time for the trainers since I cracked my ankle.

9.20am, not too early, seems quite civilised though still feeling a bit sleep. Im early for my 9.30am session, so off I hop onto the cross trainer, I can jump off just as fast if my ankle starts to hurt. Nope, we're doing OK, set at level 10 for 5 mins. OK, time to now try the bike. 15 mins later at a low level of 5 (or was it 4?) and Im ready to work on some upper body.

Oh, how I laughed! I thought I had been good used my 2kg weights at home, popping on the TRX for some arm exercises and stretches. Nope, that was nothing like using the weight machines for upper body in the gym. I struggled through the warm up round, I struggled even more when the weights were increased for the 2nd round, reps were lowered, I huffed and puffed and laughed some more. The pain in my useless upper body really made me giggle, it wasnt the first time, I suppose its better than growling, screaming or crying. I suppose! The weights were lowered back to the warm up level during the 2nd round, 3rd round I was ridiculously weak, and I had some help to finish the reps. OMG I need to get back into this gym lark faster and more intensive than I thought.

Then I was back on the abs one, I do like this one as this one showed me how much strength I have maintained in my core, hobbling on one leg must do something in this area!

I was pleased with myself and my ankle didnt bother me. After I removed my wrap around ankle strap when I got home and showered, I noticed the swelling had improved even more. There are barely any signs of bruising any more, though Im still scared I might twist it again.

Thankfully and hopefully the crack WAS the foot clicking back into place, as Im now walking straighter and better than I was before, even with the injury and pain. The pain is reducing every day and now its more painful to touch (definitely no squeezing) than to walk on. There is hope yet that I can get into morning walks, now that my new job starts around 9amish! That would be good to use my pedometer properly (I eventually took it out of my bag and out of its wrapper Thursday last week, that would be a good start). Interestingly, it doesnt record steps, but kms walked, calories, active walking level and something else....

Anyways, Im a happy bunny, Im back. When I had my choices taken away and I was stuck at home, or resorting to people picking me up to go somewhere, I hated it. I staled my trainer until he HAD to reply - sms, emails, facebook, I was about to start calling him one evening last week but it was late. I just HAD to get moving. Again. I feel Ive missed 6 months of time, my goals need to be realigned. My end goal remains the same. Ive got til May 2012. Im getting there. Mentally, Ive made more progress in recent weeks than I ever thought possible. Long may it continue.

On a final note - This evening I went for dinner with friends; instead of ordering pizza or pasta, I decided on a nice chicken and goats cheese salad. Upon ordering, the waitress replied "So you are on a diet?". I then ordered a bowl of fries just to confuse her. I only ate half of them (or less than), I wasnt counting, but people eat salads for enjoyment not just because they are on a diet. Im lucky, I actually like salads! Cheeky mare of a waitress!!

No comments:

Post a Comment