Popular Posts

30 September - Learning overload

Work work work - Ive been in mental overload for the past week, in fact for the past few weeks. Ive been learning learning learning, and Ive reached my capacity. At the same time, my tolerance and patience levels have reached zero. Dont get me wrong, this new job/contract is the best job Ive had since arriving in the sandpit. However, Im starting to actively seek my next job role, my ideal job - living in Mauritius and looking after a region of Mauritius, Seychelles, Maldives and Thailand - throw in Malaysia or any other Asian country and Im a happy lady. Ive been networking with colleagues in the office, and these opportunities are REAL!

I think I missed the memo when I wasnt supposed to get emotionally attached to my job, but this is me, this is who I am. I try my best, I give it my all. But Im learning to let go and walk away, though 5pm is my goal for mext week.

I missed many other memos too. Let me list what I discovered this week :
  1. When stressed at work, dont sit on the sofa watching TV whilst stuffing my face with take away (most likely pizza) - instead I should head to the gym, sweat out my frustrations, anger etc. When I left the gym on Wednesday evening at 8pm, I was feeling good. I knew the old me would never have done what I had just done. I worked hard, and I liked it
  2. In planning my weekends, I try to see my friends and do nice things for them, and make sure they know Im thinking about them and love them lots. But its ok to be selfish sometimes. So I cancelled some of my planned social drop ins, catch ups and even the Shape Up Show - it wasnt priority. I wanted to do somethings for me. And I did, I went shopping and got everything and more that I needed for my RAF Bootcamp with the Juicemaster team in Turkey in 2 weeks. I took my time, I looked at everything. I also managed to see LL's family AND spent some time at the salon taking care of my nails, eyebrows and eyelashes : )
  3. I dont have to feel deprived if I dont stuff my face with whatever I WANT not what I NEED. What I needed today was something fresh and tasty. I chose not to feel stuffed, bloated and uncomfortable like a TellyTubby. I chose sorbet over nachos. I chose sparkling water over something modified and full of pretend sugars
  4. At the mall, whilst I was shopping, I was thinking about what I would eat for lunch. I thought it would be ok for 1 sandwich, I havent had one this week. Then the utter happiness and relief when I spotted a juicebar as I headed back to my car after walking the mall for a few hours. Carrot, apple and orange - regular not large. Sorted :)
  5. Walking and moving is good. I CAN make time for this in my week on days I dont go to the gym. I can walk 2.5km on my doorstep. It doesnt cost anything, and I get to try out all my new sports clothes. Or walking around a mall will do just fine instead
  6. 8 sports bras is not excessive ......................
  7. Nor is 20 new pairs of socks
  8. I can possess 4 pairs of trainers and wear them all. Blue zigazigaaaaa!
  9. I MUST REMEMBER TO EAT
  10. I MUST REMEMBER TO DRINK WATER
  11. Dr Scholl shoes arent that bad really - ok not all of them, but there is one deisgn that is OK - I need to get this right ankle in order and soon. I have to give in sometimes and its not always about the fashion
  12. Waking up at 7am on a Saturday morning to get to the gym for 8am to ensure I get to aqua aerobics for 930am, is better than sleeping in til noon. I WILL feel better and more awake for doing so
  13. Its ok to have an apres-gym snooze as long as I work hard at the gym early on a Friday morning
  14. Never eat a salad thats worth 1400 calories. Sorry Chili's, thats just not clever. Sumo Salad is back  on the menu
  15. You CAN dance in the car and burn calories
Ive got 6 hours til I wake up and burn more calories. We never stop learning, only when we die. Im alive and kicking so its OK to keep learning. And Im feeling gooooood. 

No comments:

Post a Comment