Popular Posts

26 September - Anyone wanting a smaller waist?

As long as the smaller waist comes with a smaller butt, butt shelf, hips, belly no1, belly no2, thighs, knees, bingo wings, chin etc. Im in!

http://www.realage.com/health-tips/get-skinnier-with-these-2-small-changes?eid=1010648541&memberid=16660044


I like the principles of this article (Mr Harte obviously didint write it!). MUST get that pedometer back on my hip each day, I usually forget. Im looking forward to a return to walking sometime this week. had a great 2sn trip to the physio for my damaged right ankle, HUGE improvements already in a few days so Im excited that I will be OK for my Juicemaster retreat in just under 3 weeks - in fact its now 18 days away. I must start packing ...

Papa Meldrew has given me some feedback on my "I hate men" blog - apparently (and I say this very loosely .....) not all men are *****! He is the new man - hes been harping on about this for years, even though he has never been independent enough to drive a car, or learn to drive, though I will give him credit for his banana yellow scooter in the 70s ; ). Enough said on that before I get told off ....
So, apparently there are single men who DO have responsibility. Now the question I have is, do THEY spend hours in the gym or out of the domestic diva role trying to get fit, and hand the bubbas over to a babysitter or do they also sacrafice themselves for their childrens needs, health and welfare before their own health and fitness? Im putting cash on the latter. I knew Id make my millions at some point this year! 

On the new man point, yes Papa Meldrew DOES do most of the cooking in our family home, and he is a great cook, though very messy at the same time. Perhaps a bigger dishwasher is required next time. Papa's food is also fab, though sometimes the experiements are a little risky. I do miss Christmas Day feasts, and his many fabulous Sunday dinners. But my most fond memory is from my childhood - waking up on a Saturday morning to the smell of spices cooking in the oil as he prepares that nights curry. In our family, we all love curries, especially with tons of coriander - his lemon and coriander chicken is divine! All of his food is. And he made his own beer back then too. My big sis and I regularly sampled it as it developed through the weeks and months - well who would hide the barrel under the stairs where we played hide and seek for goodness sake!

So now Papa Meldrew, I challenge you to a low fat, low carb, high protein curry for my next trip home. Then I can add it to my blog. I will sit in your kitchen feedling you red wine as I write down the recipe. Im thinking something along the lines of your lemon and coriander chicken.....

In the meantime, I will be sticking to some baby steps, and working on being the new woman. Im busy, not retired without a hobby like Papa Meldrew. Though he is soon to be promoted to Papa Professor - enjoy being challenged by those lovely students! Congrats Papa xx

No comments:

Post a Comment