Popular Posts

12 September - My new BFF and I love you : )

www.myfitnesspal.com

I cannot explain enough about how this online tool has helped me during the last week or so. My reluctance, laziness or whatever it is, to complete my manual daily food diaries for my psychologist sessions spurned me to complete an online form. That didnt work either. I even tried mytrainerbob.com for a few days, but it wasnt quite hitting the spot. Bobs does have a page to update daily about how Im feeling etc, which my new BFF doesnt have, but hey, nothing is perfect.

I now enjoy completing the food diaries, and its great to see the exercise hours starting to collate - I can even run and view visual graphs and charts as well as seeing the stats, I can print daily reports, I can complete assessments, I can update my weight. And theres something in itself. I cant remember the last time I weighed myself. The scales are out of sight, out of mind. I THINK I may have weighed myself before or after the trip to Mauritius but Im not sure (maybe I should read my own blog to check and see if I did!). The website, my new "pal" (is also in fact a very scottish term for friend ....) has distracted me from the weighing scales, from the takeaway orders, from MOST temptations in general.

The BEST thing about my new BFF is that I can add many items from lots of places, Costa Coffee being my biggest weakness, as its only a few mins from my office, and I havent been planning properly or getting organised - I am in my mind, just not practically and only sporadically. Its so interesting and educational to see the calories get added, letting the system to the adding bit (Im not in Finance for a reason ...). I had a bad day where I had 2 coffees (caffeine) and a kit kat - thats all I could eat as I had a reaction to the caffeine, felt sick and palpitations. I didnt meet my 1200 calories per day (tell me something I didnt know) but on this day and other days it tells me off when I dont eat enough - now thats amusing!

At the end of each day, when all the food and drinks have been entered, i close the food intake for the day and my BFF tells me what weight I would be in 5 weeks if every day was like that day - the coffee and kit kat would mean a 6kg loss, and I did consider it ...... Then I recalled the nice compliments Ive been give over the last week, my skin is glowing, I look healthy etc. Im pleased about that as I know Ive made some progress, not necessarily weight loss, but then again I dont know as Ive not been on the scales! Progress, Im feeling pleased as punch.

Im dealing with one goal at a time on a day to day basis but in my head Im dealing with around 145,012! My new BFF helps me channel some of those goals and thoughts. Thanks, I love you myfitnesspal, this is a long term friendship : )

No comments:

Post a Comment