Popular Posts

10 September - Make mine a double

Dont worry. Its not a double choccy muffin, nor is a a double breakfast muffin with hash brown from McDs (more on that laters ...). No, its double exercise (2 hours) scheduled for my Saturday morning. 1hr at aqua aerobics, I have returned yay ... and another 1hr training at the gym. Lovely jubbly!

I did struggle again to get up and wake up, but I knew as soon as I got in that pool I wold wake up. I packed my bags, 3 bottles of water, 1 zero vitamin water, 1 apple, I was ready. I met my gorgeous mate, MsAh at the pool. The sun was shining, the sea was on the other side of the pool, the sky was blue, the birds were flying above us, the day was warm but nice, we were on time. As soon as I got in the pool I woke up. I was alive and kicking.

And kicking we did in that water. It seems easy for me, maybe I didnt push myself too much today as this was a test to see again if the ankle held out. It did, I was proud of it, though I will still take care for a while yet. We giggled, we chatted to new people, we giggled some more, in between the kicking, punching, squatting, lunging etc. And the music blasted and I sang along - Funky Town was a track I used to do aerobics to when I was 15-16yrs old, the only time I recall being slim or even skinny. I MUST find that picture of me when I was 16 at my dads wedding, I hid under a blazer and a long skirt and underneath I had on a fitted red top, and I dont recall taking the jacket off much. I must also try and get dads photos out of that day too. I still thought I was fat even though I had more or less stopped eating anything of any calorific content and went to aerobics more often than I care to recall. AND it was 2 bus journeys from home there and back .... where was my pedometer when I needed it.

I loved being back in the water, in the sun, with my mate. Exercising is so much easier and much fun with a friends around. We are returning next week together. I will be making this a weekly appointment. Then a quick change - my god, those sports bras are hard enough to get on as it is, add some moisture and its a whole new exercise session in itself. 2 attempts and 10mins later it was on. if only my arms weren't sore from yesterday I may have been able to get it on in 1 attempt and 5 mins!

2nd day in the gym - cardio and lower body. 15 mins on the bike and 10 mins on the cross trainer. heavy breathing and a lot of sweating later, I moved onto the leg weight thingies. Good to see I can still move my right leg. OK maybe after 10 reps I struggle, it hurt at 12 reps, struggled to get to 15. I kept going, 10kgs on the weak right leg and 15kgs on the left leg. I will get both balanced soon. Im going to keep at it. There was only exercise I couldnt do. More time on the abs machine, increased from 20 to 25 then onto 30kgs. My back and core need lots of work but this appears to the be the strongest part of my return. Shame the arms and legs cant match this. Next week ....

I was chuffed to have completed 2hrs today and 1hr yesterday - 3hrs in one weekend, I can deal with that. So thats the new weekend routine - Friday morning training in the gym, Sat mornings aqua aerobics and training in the gym again. Ive also booked a session in the week, considering another aqua aerobics mid week also. Ive got less than 5 weeks til my Jason Vale Juicemaster RAF Bootcamp retreat and I need to be fitter with more stamina than I am today.

And the new meal plans have appeared and I need to schedule cooking time and prep into my evenings to ensure I stick to it. Im focused and long may this remain too!

PS Getting fitter and healthier can be hazardous. Not to mention the potential sports injuries, and pains and strains that will occur, Ive discovered today that making salads is just as dangerous. I chopped a chunk out of my left thumb as I made my lunch (a lovely spinach, red pepper and cucumber salad with chili olive oil, balsamic vinegar and black onion seeds with some grilled chicken), and now its a strange shape. It took ages to stop bleeding (pressure with a tight plaster helped, now its "drying" out!) and now its just painful. be careful with those knives, that kitchen is a hazard. Dont say I didnt warn you  : )

No comments:

Post a Comment