Popular Posts

13 March - All you need is ...

.. a great personal trainer!!

According to Melanie Sykes, all you need to do is date one! : I love Melanie Sykes!

Its ok Zaid Gerber, I will leave the marriage proposals to the mad scottish one ..... Ive been waiting a long time to add this article, LL and I have already had a giggle about this back in October last year!

So people of Dubai, if you want a good personal trainer in this mad desert, you have to find one you feel safe and comfortable with that understands you and gets you - all it took was a few simple words from Zaid back in January last year - JUST KEEP ROCKING UP! But you cant have all of Zaid, he is very busy and youre not having my 4 slots I have with him each week. I might give up 1 or 2 when I reach my 75kgs goal, but until then, I think youre going to have to add your name to the waiting list......

Zaid has now set up his own business, one of his activities he has added to his multi-skilled belt is Personal Training - when he finds time in between winning medals at Jiu Jitsu Competitions - Congratulations Mr Champion! If anyone wants his email, let me know ..... but dont get him too busy, Ive still got about 10kgs to go ....

So yes Im still rocking up - sometimes I think he gets bored or frustrated with me (like when I have a week blow out on carbs like last week), or when we do pure cardio sessions (I would not be that disciplined to doing a full hour of cardio on the cross trainer, rowing machine and bike) .. but I burn his ear off 4 times a week anyway, and its a bit like a therapy session and a bit of a giggle at times plus I sweat tons, so its also a detox.

And I never thought Id love boxing, so much that Im looking for one of those sparring boxing balls ....

I struggle with new things - I think its the stubborn Taurus bull in me - like tonight, lifting 10kgs over the backs of my shoulders while I do squats - I think I just feel I look a right prat, but I did feel my "glutes" more and after the leg work tomorrow is going to be an interesting day. At least when I wake up its only 24hrs til Im back in the gym again, this time with my kitty-loving weekend gym mate!

So Zaid, this is dedicated to you - my success is your success, you have kept me going through those (many) tough days and weeks, when Ive lost motivation on those weigh-ins, when Ive force fed you my Juicemaster soups and juice, when Ive felt like jumping off that cross trainer at 20mins but youve got me to stay on for 30 or til I burn 300 calories .. youve taught me lots about TRX, circuits, pushing myself, weights, boxing (Yay) and how to get fit. Most of all youve managed to teach me lots about myself and that I can actually do this. I am DOING it right now. Youre a great PT, youre a superstar, and thanks but I promise there will be no marriage proposals  ... I will leave that to the madwoman you are seeing tomorrow at 6am - beware she is on day 4 of her 7lbs in 7 days, yesterday was detox low day, Wednesday morning shes going to be be bouncing off those walls more than usual .... Good luck ha ha!

In summary, all you need is Zaid Gerber! :)

1 comment: