Popular Posts

14 March - Ive got one word for you!

Muffin Tops!

So I didnt buy my new juicer after my 2nd meditation class this evening (going great and Ive returned home with my new meditation chair - damn its still in the car and Im now in my Pjs!), instead I went shopping for some new jeans. I decided to wear my new skinnier s18s from M&S, however opted for no belt as I knew I would be sitting and bending over - a belt would only complicate matters. But after feeling like I had reverted t looking like a s24, I had to do something fast. Tomorrow was jeans dat at work and the day after I want ed to look and feel good for my sky dive ... call me vain, Im not listening!

I was heading for Debenhams, one of my safe shopping locations, when I walked towards Gap. Someone somewhere told me they or someone they knew went to Gap and had jeans fit them like a glove (or a pair of jeans?) - was it MsAJ? Then there I was, staring at a walk of folded jeans trying to make sense of them all. A young girl who worked there walked up and I felt like I had never been shopping before in my life. Part of that was true, Id never shopped for jean to look good on me before, I had only shopped for jeans that fitted me, style and looking good was an optional extra, a preference but not essential. I suddenyl felt nervous and self conscious. I was optimistically looking for a s16 regular and all I could find was s16 long - they arent going to work with the flats, but I decided to try them on anyway for size. The were the skinny ones, as I refused to try on the wide legged, flared, bootleg or anything that resembled any old pair of jeans Ive ever owned. I felt brave, still optimistic.

Great, the dressing rooms were empty - well it was 930pm on a Wednesday evening! Shops closed in 30mins. Off I kicked the now very baggy skinny s18s ..... I slipped on the skinny Gap s16s, and even though the felt a little tight, they fitted. Quietly elated I walked outside to look at the long mirror far away. The Gap girl, told me they were too big. Ha ha shes got to be kidding me. She tried to get me to try on a s14, oh how I laughed. In fact I replied, "so we can have a laugh" and she was worried she had upset me. She handed me a pair of s16s regular in the straight fit style I had originally looked for - yay. Back into the fitting room I skipped - ok the skipping was just in my head but it was a few mins of fun Ive never had. I was chuffed to bits they fitted me regardless. On the jeans I wanted. O M G. Fits like a glove. Now where have I heard that before? Now I was happy, I showed the Gap Girl, she eventually persuaded me to try on the s14s - back she came as I was stroking my nice jeans legs and admiring my ass in the long mirror!!

THE s14s FITTED! Now, I didnt buy the 14s, though I was tempted. To wear the s14s wouldve meant a real compromise on my choice of tops (now they are now not so baggy there is nowhere to hide ...), and I could only wear the loose tops with the 14s if I cold ensure there was no wind moving the top (basically a breeze to gale force and everything in between). And then there was Kims Muffin Top! Its only because some of that spare belly flab require (a) tonig up BIG time or (b) some BKK surgery time .. but they did actually fit. And I mean they zipped up, I could breathe .. normally. It was just the loose flabby skin that stopped me!

LL and AJ would be proud - WILL be proud. After your guidance on what jeans to buy I did it, Ive achieved what you advised me to. Thank you Gap and the lovely Cheryl who works there who thinks Ive completely lost the plot - she told me the next size I would buy would be a s12 if I lost another 10kgs, oh how I laughed. But hey, anythings possible!

It is possible. Ive come from a s24 in January 2011 to an official normal Gap s16 in 14 months. Now I get it. Now I can see it. Now Im proud. Despite the pad thai for dinner ....... ooops, juices again tomorrow .. I guess Ive got some extra work to do next week to catch up the last 2 weeks. Thats going to hurt. A bit like the bum cheek glutes hurting that Ive got going on thanks to Zaids fabulous idea for me to lift those 10kg weights whilst doing squats yesterday. Ooouuuucccchhhhcaaaaa!

Ok, I need those squats to get rid of those muffin tops. Gap s14 here I come.

No comments:

Post a Comment